Something To Live For (Daryl Dixon X Reader)

WARNING: Sexual content/themes

You were running. The zombie was right behind you with outstretched arms.  You didn’t dare turn around to see how much of a lead you had. You cursed yourself over and over again for dropping your sheath of arrows. Without them, your bow was useless. Just a strip of wood that couldn’t even bash a head in.

You were so lost in thought that you didn’t notice the slight dip in the ground. Your foot caught in the hole, and you crashed to the ground.

You tried to stand up but before you could, the zombie was pushing you against the ground, snapping at your face. You struggled and kicked but you could not get the beast off. After a few minutes of this, you came to the conclusion that you were going to die eventually, so why not here? You stopped struggling and waited for the bite that would turn you into one of them.

But it never came. You looked up to see your hunting partner, Daryl, glaring at you.

“What the hell was that __y/n__?” Daryl asked you angrily. “Why weren’t you fighting?” You sighed.

“Is there really a point in fighting anymore? We’re all going to die eventually. All my family’s dead, I don’t have anything left to live for.” You said as you walked back the way you had come, searching for your fallen arrows. And it was true; your family had died early on during the outbreak, your friends too.

You had been scavenging wherever you could, and this led you to being found by Daryl and his group. You distanced yourself; you knew you wouldn’t be able to bear the pain of losing someone again. When you realized you were starting to fall for Daryl, you refused to be around him. But of course, Rick knew that you were good at hunting, and with a silent weapon, so he made you Daryl’s hunting partner. You objected profusely but Rick would not accept that. It was either hunt with Daryl, or leave the group.

You were perfectly fine with leaving the group but you knew that you wouldn’t survive on your own. Even if you nearly just gave up your life to a walker, you still didn’t want to die. So you reluctantly agreed. After going on a few hunting trips with Daryl, you started to like him more. This only infuriated you, and you refused to talk to him when you realized what was happening.

“That’s not true.” Daryl said gruffly from behind you. You turned to face him, a questioning look visible on your face. Daryl pushed you against a tree, knocking the air out of your lungs, before he pressed his lips roughly to your own. You struggled for a moment, knowing that if you went along with this you’d run the risk of losing someone again, before you gave in to the temporary bliss.

His lips were rough and tasted of meat, but not unpleasantly so. You bit his lip teasingly, causing him to growl before he shoved his tongue into your mouth. His hands released your wrists and instead moved to your thighs. Daryl easily lifted you and you wrapped your legs around his waist before he started carrying you back to the car, your lips still connected.

Daryl deposited you in the back seat before crawling in on top of you. His blue eyes glinted mischievously as he leaned in and kissed your neck, earning a moan from you.

Maybe you did have something to live for after all.

End.  <3

Author's Note: I do not own the Walking Dead or any of its characters, all rights go to their rightful owners. Sorry if characters are out of character or ideas are similar to other fanfics.