The Other Side (Spencer Reid X Reader)

In the beginning
I never thought it would be you

Reid never expected to find himself in this position. He was always extremely awkward girls, so imagine his surprise when he came to be best friends with one.

When we were chillin
Smiling in the photo booth

When you had been hanging out for a while, you convinced him to come to the mall with you. You even managed to get him into the photo booth with you. That’s where the dilemma started for poor Reid. You, without thinking, pressed your lips to his cheek for one of the photos. This of course did not go over well with your boyfriend.

But we got closer (Yeah)
‘Till you were eating off my spoon

“Reid! Can I have a bite of your ice cream?” You whined to him. Reid smiled softly at you before slipping the spoon in your mouth. After he took the spoon back, you threw your arms around him.

“Thanks for always being there for me, Reid.” You mumbled into his ear.

And coming over
And we would talk all afternoon

You went over to Reid’s apartment a lot. He always listened intently during your rants about your boyfriend. You did not like your boyfriend, not like you liked Reid, but you couldn’t break up with him. You just knew that if you broke up with him for Reid, Reid would get a girlfriend of his own, and you’d be left alone. So you stayed with your boyfriend, who was often a cranky, drunk mess. His drunkenness caused him to hit you occasionally, but you suffered through it. You had dealt with worse, I mean, you worked for the BAU.

Tonight we’ll just get drunk
Disturb the peace

But that night, you were fed up with your boyfriend. You left without a word when you saw him with some busty, blonde bimbo. You drove straight to Reid’s with a case of beer you had snagged from the fridge at your boyfriend’s apartment.

Find your hands all over me
And then you bite your lip
Whisper and say, “We’re going all the way”

Reid was comforting, as always, and even surprisingly drank with you. Reid wasn’t normally one for drinks but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do what he had been meaning to do for so long if he didn’t at least have a little alcohol in him. You were lying on Reid’s couch, your legs resting on his lap.

Tonight, take me to the other side
Sparks fly like the Fourth of July

Your legs were tingling on Reid’s lap. You had been attracted to him the moment you saw him, but of course, you had your boyfriend. Now though, you had absolutely no reason to stay with him. Except of course, that you still had no idea whether Reid liked you or not. You sighed slightly, something that did not go unnoticed by Reid. He shifted you so that you were facing him, and gave you a questioning look.

Just take me to the other side
I see that sexy look in your eyes