Joke Is On You (Sokka X Reader)

Can't stop you know we'll never give it up

You sighed as you walked around the camp. You were a non bender from the Southern Water Tribe. You had left with Sokka and Katara to help the Avatar. You didn't really think you could be of much help, but you didn't want them to leave you alone. You had grown up with them. Katara was like a sister to you, and you had a bit of a crush on Sokka. 

People talk but we just don't care

Toph was always teasing you about what you did with Sokka when her, Katara, and Aang left to go do bender things. You didn't do anything. Well, that was a lie. You drank cactus juice. You liked the feeling it gave you.

In this life you know you gotta live it up

You and Sokka would hang out and sip on cactus juice. Tonight was one of those nights.

"______!" Sokka called as you strolled through camp. You turned around quickly, __h/c__ hair flying.

"Where have you been?" you asked anxiously. Sokka had been gone for a while, and you were worried.

So everybody put your hands in the air now

"I was just out at the market, getting more cactus juice." Sokka said with a wink. You grinned and quickly took a big swig from the canteen he held out to you. You threw your hands in the air and stretched. The cactus juice was already taking effect. You saw bright colors swirl around you. You felt giddy, and let out a giggle.

It's an all night party that we're getting in to

After a good half hour of drinking and acting loopy, you glanced again at Sokka. You could still see him clearly, surprisingly. You decided right now was as good a time as any to tell him how you felt. You had been meaning to, but just kept putting it off.

"Hey Sokka?" You asked quietly. The effects of the cactus juice had been wearing off a bit and you were nervous.

"Hmm?" Sokka asked with a glance in your direction. You sighed and shook your head.

"Never mind." You said while glancing down at your hands. You looked back over at Sokka and saw that he had fallen asleep. You walked over to where he was lying on the hard dirt. You looked closely at him. He was so cute. You thought he was out cold, so you figured this wouldn't matter. You leaned down and quickly pecked his lips. Before you could pull away, he started kissing you back.

"Gotcha." Sokka said with a grin when you managed to pull away from him. You smiled.

If you think it's all over then the joke is on you

End.  <3

For: PhantomhiveButler427 on Deviant Art
So, this is my first attempt at a reader insert story, so hopefully it's okay. It is also my first attempt at a songfic, because I randomly thought of this song when a Sokka X Reader was requested. I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or any of its characters. I also do not own the song The Joke Is On You by Niki Watkins. All rights go to their rightful owners. Also: In this fanfic, Sokka and Yui and Sokka and Suki are just friends. Sorry if ideas are similar to other fanfics or characters are out of character. This was completely random, but hopefully whoever reads this likes it.  :)