EPISODE -1 Scene -5

The blockade has done a lot of harm to people. However, it has created small stories. Such stories are sealed in between the narrow gully of Kathmandu and are often unheard. The language of eye contact, the sharing through smiles and the gesture of hug; sometimes a little bit of emotion has a lot to do.

I remember it was Friday, and my office was closed for a festival. The government was giving petrol to "odd number". My bike was "odd lot". I had to take my bike to the line almost 2 days before. Just next to me came a girl in a scooter. She was wearing a blue Pant and a black T-shirt.

She must be very frank I think. 

I was glad she did not start a conversation with "Bro". Otherwise, most of them would just start with bro; no matter what your age.

She simply said, "Excuse me, Do you know since when they will be giving us petrol?

I replied: "Perhaps from the day after tomorrow. But, we have to make sure our vehicles are in the queue from today so that we get the petrol in time."

She exclaimed," What? Seriously?"

She blabbered a lot of things which I just don't remember. In the meantime, when she was talking, she was constantly moving her hand.

My God! How many times did she just made her hair while she was talking?

Since I was tensed about my official work which was stuck with some policy conflict, her talks were of my less interest. Had I knew that she looked so beautiful, maybe her talks would have a higher priority?

I must be ashamed of myself, I thought. How can I just judge a person likewise? Somebody said it true, "Men will be Men."

In less than two hours' time, she told me how she had bunked her last classes of BBA in Apex College while her finals were very near. It started with a gentle introduction, and she shared how hectic her life had been. She casually kept adding how her teachers are just freaks.

She gave me her perception about her lecturer.

Thank God! I didn't share her that for last 2 years I was a lecturer in an Engineering College.

One thing led to other, we started talking about Gandruk- a beautiful place in the western side of Nepal. I told her how awesome  views were. She added to it that she had once been there, and it was incredible.

I was amazed how frequently she used the word 'Fatah"!

To my surprise she said, "Can you give me a missed call?

Really? Is she playing some trick on me? I wondered.

A first meet and she needed my number.

 I gave her my number.

Only later I realized that she wanted to keep track of her vehicle by contacting me.

Those three days! We had to be sure that nobody comes and breaks the line or does any harm to our vehicle. Often people complained about getting their time wasted with all this while I was enjoying a good company- a girl who speaks more with her eyes and hands.

I couldn't see her face all three day because she would come with full protection from Sun; by covering her face with her shawl.

This is good with dark skinned people. We have nothing more to lose.

There were chitchats. There were memories to share, there were sharing of stories and sharing of life-events. She laughed, I laughed! We could see passerby staring at us as if we were doing a crime by laughing in public.

After three days, the token number was distributed. Even though I had kept my vehicle three days ago, my token number was 178.

Wow! It took me 3 hours to get in the pump and get the petrol filled.

After I got my bike filled with 5 liters, I waited for her outside. She came and bade me goodbye!

The only last thing I remember her saying was: "Hope to see you at the pump again!"

She giggled and drove away.

This was a long time after that. I am unaware of the reason why she was doing this with me right now. However, I was pretty excited.

Shraddha: Hello, haha (Giggles) Fatah! So, it took a while to just get my name right. You poor boy!

Me: (clear my throat) "Ah! Finally! I had saved your name as Nabil Girl"

Shraddha: Haha. Really? My boss should know I am promoting their brands. So, Anjil! Aren't there any some exciting plans to meet any sooner?

Me: Where?

Shradhha: May be the place we met before! Kaushaltar Petrol Pump!