The Most Beautiful Thing Anyone has Even Told Me

Start from the beginning

Healer Green came over and kneeled down on teh ground beside me.

"Eleanor?" He quietly asked me. I wiped my face with my sleeve and looked at him. "I know you're upset, but can I ask you a couple questions?" I looked at Lucius and then back at him and nodded. "Are you sure you were feeling as well as you were letting on?" I stayed quiet. "The more you answer me truthfully, the closer you get to going home."

"No..." I whispered.

"No you were feeling unwell or no, you won't answer me?"

"Feeling..." I railed off. HE thought for a moment.

"Was it the new Combinations?" I nodded my head yes. "What was wrong with them?" 

"They made me feel funny..."

"Funny? What do you mean funny?" 

"Funny."

"Eleanor, if you ever feel like soemthing makes you uncomfortible, don't pretend it's okay. That's only hurting you."

"But I want to go home..." I sniffed.

"Well, now you've learned that lying is not the way to do that."

"I didn't lie!" I exclaimed. The nerve, saying I lied. Healer Green shushed me, making me realize I had yelled without noticing it. I lowered my voice. "I didn't lie... I just didn't tell you because I was getting stickers..."

"So the thought of getting to go home drove you away from telling me?"

"I want to go home..." I said again because I wasn't sure how to reply to that. I clutched onto Lucius's shirt. 

"Do you feel you'll progress better if I let you go home? Would you be more comfortible?"

Uh-Huh..." I sniffed.

"What do you think, Mr. Malfoy?" AT this, Lucius looked surprised, because, around here, his opinion was usually worth even less than my won. 

"Well, she certainly seems to want to go home." He finally answered. Healer Green considered this for a moment. 

"How would you feel if we change your Combinations in the morning and watch what happens? I'll also try to scheduale some naps into your day, since you seem better behaved when you're well rested. If you improve through otu the week, i'll try to talk the other Healers into voting to et you go home. Of course, you would still have ot come back every day for therapy and Group and One-on-One sessions, but otehr than that, you could stay at home. How does that sound?"

"Do you promise?" I shifted a bit.

"Yes, but you have to promise me that you will tell me if something doesn't feel right."

"Okay..."

"And if I feel yo uare no whee near ready to leave, you will stay another week. if you're still not ready, you'll stay another, and so on." Healer Green explained. I wimpered.

"But you just said..."

"You have ot understand that there are guid-lines and rules I have to abide by. But you'll be able to do it as long as you tell me if osemthing is wrong. I believe in you."

"You... do?" I sniffed.

"Of course I do. I'm your therapist. I know you're strong enought to get throug hthis. You're a strong girl. You're a smart girl. And you're a girl who has been through more htan most poeple have in a lifetime. 

"You have potential to do so much. You have interests that I want to respark: AStronomy, music, reading... And I can tell you have so many more that either you haven't discovered or you haven't told me about.

"I've only kow you for a few monthes, and I can already tell that you are going to make a change in the world. You are going to contribute something big, and you're going to make something beautiful. I could tell that the moment I first met you.

"You have this presence of power and dominace around you, but also one of caring and passion. To have that effect and be in the state you are in, it's amazing. I want to help you cope and become well again so you can use these talents. You're destined to do a lot of great things."

Any tears that had gone away were back, full force. I pressed my face into Lucius's neck. 

No one had ever said anything like that before about me (except for Vincent). To hear that he thought I was talented, and that I would do important things... it meant so much. In stead of, like at Hogawarts, always hearing 'What ever are you going to do with you're life?' , it changed into "What won't you do?' . He implied that my possibilities were endless, and that I would reach them someday. 

"I believe you are tired, Miss Snape. You've had a long day." Healer Green said after I didn't reply for several minutes. "I want you to have a good nights rest and put all of this behind you. I won't bring up tonight if you don't."  I bit my lip and looked at him.

"Goodnight..." I waved as he went off. 

"I think you are tired." Lucius stated as Healer Green was out the door. I nodded and got off of his lap and into my bed. He covered me up with my blanket and handed me Melvin before giving me my nightly Combination. 

"Lucius?" I quietly asked, looked up at him.

"Yes?"

"Can we Floo Narcissa? I want Narcissa to come...." 

"It's almost 8:30. You're going to sleep."

"I want her to stay here with me, too..." I bit my lip. Out of nowhere, I had this growing feeling in my stomach that sought after both Malfoys being near me. This had never happened before. I had always been favored to Lucius since the first time he came .I wasn't sure what was making me what both of them there. 

"Can you settle for Wolfgang until tommorrow?" He handed me the stuffed squid. I looked and moment, then sat it aside.

"I want Narcissa..." I repeated. He sighed, but went across the room and threw some Floo Poweder into the fireplace. 

"Dad?" Draco asked, sounding confused and relieved at the same time. 

"Draco, can you get you're mother?" This statement seemed to make Draco's whole demeter drop. 

"Sure..." He bitterly replied and when off through the house. Narcissa appeared a few moments later.

"Lucius? Is something wrong?" She seemed a little worried. 

"Everything is fine." Lucius assured. "Eleanor has just had a bad day today and was wondering if you would stay here with us tonight." Narcissa parted her lips, seeming a little surprised by the request. However, she quickly recovered and nodded.

"Of course I will. I'll be over in a few minutes, dear."