Dinner

~ Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/dinner_description/set?id=92712093&lid=2796424 ~

~ A week later ~

After Dan dropped me at home after our movie date we hadn't stopped texting. I went to bed every night with a 'goodnight' text and woke up every morning to a 'good morning' text. I swear to god this man had been dipped in sugar when he was born, he was so sweet. 

On Wednesday afternoon, in the middle of a normal conversation, he'd texted unexpectedly saying that we were going to dinner at some fancy restaurant downtown on Friday night

Can I have the address? 

I'd asked a few moments later, hoping that he would just give me it as apposed to him having to pick me up and take me there.

Nope, I'm taking you!

I had groaned internally but then questioned why I was so against him picking me up, he was trying so hard to be a gentleman and here I am questioning his kindness. I was suddenly aware of the wave of guilt taht hit me as I realized how rude my thoughts had been.  

You're too sweet x

I'd replied and continued with my normal day. It's Friday morning now, my thoughts should be filled with this dinner and how Dan will wear his hair, or if he'll have his earrings in, but instead all I'm focussing on is my work and the impending deadline of my latest article. It seemed as though this sudden spark in my love life had fueled the inspiration deep inside of me. Anne had been raving that all week my work had been above average, she even went as far as to say it reminded her of her own work. She was probably only saying that to make me feel better, but the work had been coming at me faster and it made me feel better about myself. I'd also noticed a hefty increase in my pay since last month, so whatever I was doing it was obviously working. 

As I finished up my last sentence I heard my phone buzz beside me. Putting the final touches on my work, saving it and sending on to Anne, I reached over and grabbed my phone.

I'm looking forward to tonight :) 

My heart swelled at the simple words on the screen, we'd been texting and calling each other all week. It seemed that even though we'd only met we both couldn't get enough of each other, it was exciting and terrifying all at the same time and I couldn't help but feel like I was diving head first into this but right now I didn't care. I was having fun and that's what everyone tells you to do. "Have fun," "be happy," "live the life you want," it's all bull and everyone knows it but maybe this is the closest thing to that I'll get. 

Me too! What time are you picking me up? x

I replied before I could even think about it. It had become so easy to communicate to this edgy and adorable guy that I'd met over a week ago, my mind raced through a whirlwind of possibilites for us, and what the future could hold. Maybe it would hold a terrible breakup that ruined me or maybe it was full of love and laughter and even somewhere down the line maybe even marriage. I was getting ahead of myself, again. 

6:30, at your place x

He replies moments later. My heart leaps out of my chest as I glance at the clock that reads 4:36, grabbing my bag and waving to Anne as I pass her office I head over to the lift to discuss my dinner date with Nathan and Jake. The lift chimes as we reach the empty lobby and I scurry over to the front desk to get my gossip on. I write the entertainment news, I'm basically paid to gossip.

"Hey granny shoes." Nathan says with a snicker. After telling them about the kitten flats incident they've taken to calling me granny shoes, it seems to have tickled them beyond compare.

"You're funny." I fake laugh as I lean on the black countertop.

"So where's Prince Charming taking you tonight?" Jake asks, mirroring my actions and leaning on the counter. Nathan kept sitting behind his computer, continuing to do his work half-heartedly. 

"I'm not sure, some fancy restaurant. I don't care, it gives me a chance to dress up!" I reply, all my excitement for the night suddenly boiling over.

"I'm so happy to see you happy, it seems like forever since you've had a smile that genuine." Jake replies, poking me in the cheek as I try and hide the grin threatening to erupt over my face. 

We continued our talk about my 'prince charming' and what I was going to wear for the fancy dinner, but as the time creeped on I knew I needed to get going so that I had enough time to get ready. As soon as I walked through the front of my quaint apartment, my headphones were out of my ears and my phone was jammed into the speakers. My 'favourites' playlist was blaring through the apartment as I hastily got ready for my date. Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Marina & the Diamonds, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons etc, etc helped me get ready for this date without even being present.

This was our first formal date, and I was praying that everything went the same, or even better than, our previous three. The tiffany blue OASIS dress with lace panelling was draped over my clothless body while I examined what it would look like in the mirror, it was a new dress and I had been waiting for the perfect occasion to wear it. My hair was up and tied together with a little bow and my makeup was perfectly applied as I struggled to zip the dress all the way up.

Beep Beep

The intercom in my room buzzed, letting me know that someone wanted access upstairs.

"Hello" I asked as I picked up the phone attached to see who it was. I glanced down at the clock noticing it was 6:29 and I was running a tad late.

"Hey, are you ready?" Dan's heavenly voice said.

"Not quite," I said chewing my lip, "come on up, I'll be ready in 5." I said, buzzing him through and going over to my door to unlock it. 

I was shoving my hoop earrings into my ears and slipping on a pair of blue heels when the door opened. 

"Hi!" I called out from the bedroom, running into the room to plant a quick kiss on his cheek. He seemed shocked at my small gesture but soon recovered. I continue to stuggle with my dress while I walked around in search of my purse and keys.

"Let me help you," he says reaching his hands out in search of my back. I stand up straighter and let him asist in zipping my dress. When he's done he sweeps the one loose strand of hair behind my hair. I mumble a thank you as I feel the heat rise to my face.

"Ready?" He asks as I put my phone in my clutch and grab my keys.

"Yeah," I say as I grab his hand and he leads me out of my apartment.

                            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I giggled once more as we entered Dan's dark apartment. He flicked a switch next to my head and dragged his hand along my jawline, resting his thumb under my chin and turning my head so that I was staring into his dark brown eyes. Before I could comprehend what was happening his lips were placed firmly against mine. 

It had been the most spectacular night, we went to a fancy Italian restaurant, had a little too much wine, and now here I was, standing in this beautiful mans apartment and letting him hike me up higher against the wall.

"I had... a really... good time... tonight," he says in between kisses to my bruised lips

I playfully push against his chest, causing a laugh to leave his parted lips. I unhook my legs and jump down from the wall, taking my heels off in the process and grab his hand and walk towards his bedroom. He giggles as I check every room making sure they aren't our intended destination and I soon find myself being led by him.

"You okay with this?" He asks, scanning my face for any sign of regret.

"Absolutely." I smile back, letting him lead us into his bedroom. Before too long we're making out again and all I can hear is the click of the door behind us. 

This isn't very long, but I wanted to update considering I haven't updated in like a year basically. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! If 2013 wasn't you're year I hope 2014 is!