First Date

~ Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/first_date/set?id=92375598&lid=2796424 ~

~ The Next Day ~

My whole evening had been infiltrated with thoughts of Daniel. He was so kind, and so sweet, and so damn attractive. As soon as I got home after my impromptu meet up with my friends I cursed myself for my granny shoes once more, before going to bed and having sweet dreams about the future.

Being the ripe age of 20 my future still looked pretty bleak and having hardly any education didn't help the fact either. I liked writing for the newspaper, but it was hardly a life long career. It was a job, a part time one at best. I wanted something more for myself but I could never achieve it. After yesterday my mind suddenly had a positive twist on things, I was becoming very optimistic.

As I sat at my desk, finishing off the last sentance of my story, my phone buzzed. Too engrossed in the words I didn't look at it right that second. My mind finally finding the right words to end this article. No doubt somebody would change them to make more sense, or to sound smarted than I actually am, but finishing it off right now was my only concern. As soon as the last full stop was on the page I was darting out of my seat, grabbing and unlocking my phone in the process.

I'm outside! - Dan

The message read, my heart skipped a beat and a wave of butterflies erupted in my stomach as I made my over to the lifts at the back end of the room.

"I'm going to lunch!" I shouted to Anne, giving her a quick wave as I walked past her office. I heard a mumbled 'have fun' from behind me, but I was too busy jabbing the letters on the screen of my phone to care what the details of what she said were.

On my way!

I replied as the lift came to a halt on my floor. There was another lady in the lift, one whom I'd never seen before. Our lifts did not have a posh voice in the elevator, nor did they go up 26 floors. Our building had only 18 floors and three of those where not in use and therefore forbidden. Our firm took up 2 floors and the rest where for other companies. Meaning I didn't know anyone who worked on the other floors, but this woman seemed completely new. In my 2 years working here I've probably passed every person in this building a handful of times but I'd never ran into her before. Before my thoughts could progress into trying to place her face we were at the main floor.

"Guess what?" I asked the lads who worked at the front desks who were named Nathan and Jake.

"What?" They asked in unison. Sometimes I wondered if these guys were connected telepathically. They always knew what the other was going to say, and often talked in unison. They were basically the same person, even though Jake was a little more hipster than Nathan and Nathan partied more, I was convinced they were the same person split into other bodies, but that's just me.

"I'm going on a date!" I exclaimed, jumping up slightly, so as not to fall in my super high heels, much more acceptable than my granny kitty flats. 

Both of there faces lit up, knowing that I didn't look this happy about anything very much, it was nice to see that someone cared about me. "That's amazing! When you get back you have to tell us ALL about it!" Jake said, his voice laced with excitement.

"Of course!" I laughed as I walked over to the door, sliding my phone into my bright yellow leather satchel. My straw bowler hat was strewn onto my head as I waved goodbye and opened the big glass doors at the front.

"Hi!" Dan waved as I walked over to him. "You ready?" He asked looking me over once, surveying my much more appropriate outfit.

"Yeah!" I breathed, linking my arm through his extended elbow.