The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [11]

Start from the beginning

“I know, that’s what makes this hilarious”

He started laughing then “Jacky you’re so evil. Hayden will never be able to seduce Leah”

I nodded, before turning on the radio. I sang along as we drove home and Reed clapped and cheered after each song. He loved to play groupie sometimes, truthfully I liked playing with him too. I felt like I was doing something right on this planet if someone as special as Reed could be proud of me. I mean this music thing seemed to be getting serious.

I was recording with Theo, even though Reed didn’t approve. I was top of my class and my professor was sure I was on the right track. Even though I’d made quarterback again it wasn’t the same as being quarterback in high school. I didn’t feel as special, or as important to the team. I didn’t feel like I mattered, they could easily replace me.

I was getting soft and my game was getting weak. For a brief second I blamed Reed, but then I realised he’d made me such a better person and that was way more important than having my quarterback ego stroked. But since being with him again my game had been off. I shook those thoughts out of my mind; it wasn’t Reed’s fault I shouldn’t think like that.

Allison and her husband Nathan lived in a small two bedroom flat on the very edge of town, it was over by our old high school. Nathan was enrolled at the local community college and Allison worked part time. Drew was such a beautiful boy; he had Allison’s titan red hair and Nathan dark haunted eyes.

It was a strange mix, but it worked for him. Drew was going to be a ladies man I could tell. I pulled into the car park for their block. I undone my seatbelt and lead Reed to their apartment, he’d never been there before. I mean why would he? He and Allison aren’t exactly friends. Even though we did go to her wedding I think she invited Reed out of politeness and of course because he’s with me.

I pressed the buzzer to be let into the building. Nathan’s voice floated over the intercom.

“Who’s this?”

“Hey Nate it’s Jack, can I come up?”

“Yeah, come on up”

The door buzzed and I pushed it open holding the door for Reed. He grinned at me playfully, he was in such a good mood I was surprised. Wasn’t he still upset and angry with me over New York, not that he knew the whole truth, how was I supposed to tell him I used to be a drug addict… that I sometimes still was.

I smiled back at him, pinching his bum before running to the lift. The lift didn’t come in time and Reed got me back. As soon as the lift doors closed, I pulled him towards me, I kissed him hungrily, and my tongue swirled around his mouth until I could feel him melting into me. I pulled away and his cheeks were bright red, and his eyes sparkled.

I kissed his nose and we left the lift holding hands. As we came round the corner Allison and Drew were standing in their open doorway. Drew made a happy sound when he saw me and somehow managed to slip out of Allison’s grip and waddled down the hall towards me. I bent on my knee and pulled him into a hug. He smelt like nappies and pears.

“Hey handsome, how’s my favourite boy?” I asked him.

“It’s ma birt’day swoon,” he said grinning; I noticed he had missing teeth.

“I know and uncle Jack is gonna get you something special, what do you want?”

“Big, big, BIG” he giggled.

I laughed and walked towards Allison, still holding Drew. She pulled me into a hug and I breathed in her familiar smell. When I smelled Reed I thought home, safe, love but weirdly I felt at home with Allison. We’d had our differences, I blamed her for ruining my life in the past but now we we’re cool everything was sorted. She was my best friend, apart from Hayden and Ben.