I got in the bed, scooting beside him. Orlyndo shifted, turning over and stayed still. I hesitantly put my arms around him, my cheek making contact with his back. His muscles that were oddly once tensed, relaxed when he felt my touch.

"Now I can sleep" He whispered

☼☼☼☼

I woke up around nine-thirty a.m. My eyes squinted open, seeing the Sun rays come through the window.

"The horror" I said hoarsely, rubbing my eyelids

"Good morning, baby" Orlyndo spoke, adjusting his tie

I started blushing like a kid, my lips pursed shut due to morning breath.

Hehe, I'm baby, y'all.

Bringing the covers close to me, I watched him put on the jacket to his suit. The look on his face showed disapproval to himself because of what he called me.

Guess you not bae now.

"So, you're going to work?" I asked dumbly. I wanted to smack myself

"No" He rolled his eyes

"But, you're getting dressed"

"If you didn't want a sarcastic answer, you shouldn't have asked a dumb ass question" He retorted

I nodded, "I'm sorry"

"You can buy or make yourself some breakfast. Make sure to do the things on the list that I'll text you when I walk in my office. That's it" He stated, not wanting an answer

I suddenly had a question, "Orlyndo-"

"Don't call me that"

He left.

Running both of my hands through my hair, I looked down at the covers. What in the hell have I gotten myself into?

It seemed as if he was going right back to his old bastard ways.

I didn't want that. I didn't want to feel like he was going to manipulate my feelings. And since my feelings for him grew over a period of time, I refused to be a fool in love.

After doing my daily routine, I got a text from Orlyndo. The list was:

Get laundry.

Do laundry.

Change sheets.

Clean guest rooms because he's going to have company over when he gets back.

Dust.

Vaccum.

That was it. I guess the past few days was my little vacation.

It took me several hours to get everything done and it was five o'clock. I decided to call Maryland over.

"Girl, this is nice. Do I have to take my shoes off?" She snorted

"Those are the rules" I chuckled

"Your hips look wide as hell in this uniform. Did you guys ever do the nasty? Like in porn videos? When the girl-"

"No, Maryland"

"Oh. Where zaddy at?"

"Work"

"His ass hung up on me yesterday" She huffed, "Rude. Oh well. Where were you last night?"

"You called my phone? What he say?"

"Oh, just stuff. I don't remember, I was too busy praying for you. Thought he was giving you hea-"

"Okay! No, I was in the hospital last night. I had another episode, but I'm fine"

She stopped joking around, "Are you serious?"

"Yes"

"I can't believe I wasn't there. I can't believe I didn't ask about you" She rubbed her temples, "I'm sorry"

"It's okay, babygirl. Gimme a hug, I missed you"

Maryland tightly embraced me, moving ourselves side to side along with a quick wiggle. We laughed and I gave her a tour of the penthouse.

For an hour, we ate snacks and watched two episodes of The Parkers. Maryland had to go to pick her brother up from school, so we said our goodbyes.

Changing out of my uniform, I put it on a rack and placed it over my arm to take it home. I packed up my other clothes and belongings to take it back to my apartment. I was going to stay here for a week, but I had a feeling something would change my mind once he stepped through the door.

"Keeko!" I said through the phone when I called

"Bitch, whet?" He huffed

"What you doing?" I chirped

"Fucking Ty-"

I hung up the phone, shoving it into the pocket of my jean jacket. Staring at my suede boots, I propped them on the coffee table.

Sitting there in the dead silence, I wondered if Orlyndo actually meant what he said. Does he have feelings for me or no? Nope, nope, nope.

I became hungry again. Skipping to the kitchen, I began to make myself a sandwich. Slapping on some fresh baked chicken and lettuce, I was ready to apply some condiments to the slice of bread. Soon, the door slammed against the wall.

Orlyndo came in kissing another woman. Groans and moans filled my ears as the door closed.

I dropped the mustard and the knife.

They glared in my direction and I avoided the stares.

Keep fucking you horny humans.

Continuing to make my sandwich, I hummed When A Woman's Fed Up by R. Kelly. They only gazed at me in confusion.

Once I finished, I put the extras in the trash or back in the fridge. Taking my sandwich, I took a bite as I grabbed my uniform and suitcase handle.

"Evening you guys" I smiled at them, "Mr. Braune, are you hungry?"

He raised an eyebrow. Smushing the sandwich on his face, he dropped the random woman on the floor.

"It's okay, I made two to be safe" I said, "Oh yeah, and I quit"