21 Guns

CONNOR

Today is my first day in the army. I've to meet General. Sam can't take me to the special-ops as she has some very important work. She probably wants to see me make a fool out of myself. She has already left leaving me alone in the house. I still have a few hours before I've to meet General. So I just spend that time practicing and listening to music. I sit on the couch to take a break. Alex comes and jumps into my lap. He is a cute kitty.

"Hi, Alex," I say while stroking the cat. "What do you think Alex, will the world ever be at peace again?"

Alex just purrs and cuddles in my lap. What am I doing? I'm talking to a cat. What has happened to me. I used to be so violent and still fun. Now, I'm good but not so fun. Well, I guess this is the new me, the better me. I close my eyes, listening to the music. I remember something that makes my eyes snap open at once. That time in the pyramid, was it really Khufu talking to me. Khufu is supposed to be dead. What was that? I need to talk to someone about this. I'll tell Sam. But, she'll just make fun of me. I don't have any other chance. I'll talk to her when I meet her later.

Now that I think about this, it's not the first time the dead talked to me. The day when I lost Sam and Max, during the battle, when her parents died, I'm sure they told me something. What did they say? I remember now! They said, "Take care of her." Why did they tell me to take care of her? She had Max. Plus I'm the one who need someone to make sure I don't so something that I'll regret not her. Do I've some type of power? Aaaagh, I'll just talk to Sam. She's the smart one. Wait did I just call myself stupid indirectly? Never mind.

I head towards the Luna. I see that General is waiting for me.

"You're actually on time," he says.

"Did you expect me to be late?" I ask.

"Pretty much yeah," he says.

"Haha, very funny." I say.

We head towards the barracks. Everywhere the soldiers turn to salute General and to stare at me. General takes me to the special - ops. I see that there is a woman probably in her late teens giving orders to the special-ops. She has long brown hair tied in a braid. She has dark black eyes.

"Good morning, Rusty," says General.

"Good morning, General," says Rusty saluting him.

"This is Connor Stellar, that Hellfire scum, he'll be joining your team," says General.

"Oh, so you're the fabled Connor Stellar. Nice to meet you. I'm Rusty," she says and puts her hand forward for a handshake.
"Yeah, I'm Connor Stellar. I guess we'll be working together now," I say shaking her hand.

"I'll be leaving you then. I've a lot of work to do. You better behave Stellar," says General.

"Ok, whatever," I say.

"I'm serious Stellar," he says.

"Good to meet you Serius Black," I say.
"You'll have to pay if you don't take stuff seriously. This is real life Stellar, not your own pretty world where you can do whatever you want. Rusty keep an eye on him," General says and heads back to his office.
"Nice Harry Potter reference," says Rusty.
"Thanks," I say.
"I expected you to be a bit older," she says.
"Everybody does," I say.
"Let's go. We've to start training," she says. She introduces me to the rest of the team which has like forty people and all of them are powerful. We start with basic training. You know like running, shooting, exercising and stuff. After three hours, we take a lunch break. We head towards the cafeteria where you can order whatever you like. I get a pizza. I grab a table at the back of the cafeteria. I see that everybody is sitting in groups. I'm new so it'll take some time to make friends with ex-friends.