Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

His eyes fixed on me and I felt trapped. I stared back at him, "C-can I go to bed?"

ASK HIM CAN YOU SLEEP WITH HIM! HE'LL PROTECT YOU.

More like kill me. Oh my god, maybe he's a killer.

"Yeah... if you need me, call me I guess"

I guess...

That meant he clearly didn't want to be called unless one hundred percent necessary.

"Sure, thank you" I dried my eyes that I didn't realize were wet from the lining of tear that almost fell. I brushed past him, silently. 

The trek back to my room felt safer because I felt his presence.

I wasn't alone.

I returned the bedroom, closing the door slightly behind me. Closed enough, so there was just a slight crack so in case a demon doll chased me, I wouldn't be trapped in.

I lay back in the bed, throwing my head against the pillow. I glared up at the ceiling, telling myself not to move or look at anything, no matter what noise came from it.

It was easier said than done. How did I expect myself to go like this through the night? I was so stressed and scared, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

This stuff always happened to me that if I wasn't about to pee myself I'd be laughing. 

It was another two minutes before I heard the bathroom close and Seth return to his room. The uneasiness returned, knowing he was asleep again. 

If he was a heavy sleeper, I couldn't wake him and we'd both be murdered.

Calm down, it was a movie.

If only I could.

I glanced at my alarm clock after what seemed like two hours, only to notice twenty minutes had passed... HOW THE HELL? It was not just twenty minutes, no way.

As I argued with myself in my head, a weird sound came from the window. I jumped a mile and sat up in the bed, my eyes widened. No shadow or anything appeared at the window but as I was sat up, I tugged the covers up to hide out of my face. I couldn't help but to let a short squeal when it happened.

My stomach turned when a creak noise came from my left. I snapped my head toward the door but nothing. I held my breath, trying to hear noises.

I almost passed out, vomited and pee'd myself all at the same time when the door slowly opened. "DON'T KILL ME" I screeched. I pulled my pillow and threw it out the door in fear.

The figure appeared, only to be hit in the face with a pillow. It wasn't the tiny demon doll. It was Seth. Again.

My hand went to my mouth.  I didn't know whether to be relieved or worried I just hit him with something.

"S-Seth, oh my god. I'm sorry! I didn't-"

"It's a pillow, relax" His voice was husky. If a voice came from a gorgeous angel, it was his tired voice. He switched on my light and I had to blink several times to let my eyes focus.

"What's up with you?" He studied me, "Please tell me you didn't wet yourself"

My face grew hot, "I didn't wet myself! I just... I don't know"

"Did you have a nightmare?"

I watched him for a moment before opening my mouth, "Kind of. I saw a scary movie with Nick.... 'The Boy'"

"And you're terrified... because of a movie?" His eyebrows were raised. Hearing him say that, made me feel way more embarrassed than I already was.

"It was super scary" I mumbled.

"You can't sleep"

I shook my head slowly, "I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter. Maybe tidy or something?"

His brows pulled together but no words came. I watched him silently, patiently waiting for him to talk. Suddenly he sighed and leaned against the door, "Want to see something cool?"

"Something cool?" I felt like he was about to say some sarcasm.

He nodded his head.

"What's that?"

"It would be better if I showed you"

"What? Showed me?" I stood up. 

"Get dressed" He nodded to my closet, "And get a warm coat"

"What why?"

"Because we're going to see something cool, idiot"

"Outside?"

"It's only a fifteen minute drive since there's no traffic"

My eyes widened, "Seth, it's three or four AM in the morning! Something like that!" I sat back down on the bed, "This is a joke again"

He shook his head, "It's not a joke. You're not going back to sleep, right? We might as well go... like you said I kind of took your night away from you"

I just stared at him in shock. Was he serious?

"Get dressed before I change my mind" He rolled his eyes, "I'm going to get my clothes" He left without another word.

I tried to wipe the small smile off my face but somehow it refused to disappear.