A bashful smile that showed her lovely teeth made my morning. Usually coffee and food makes my morning, but that wasn't my main concern anymore. Her smile was the type that gave me pleasurable chills.

We cooked breakfast together in silence. I would mess her up sometimes and she would nudge me back over to get me out her space.

"Tell me about yourself" I told Karma, taking a bite of my eggs

"I don't want to tell you anything about me" She spoke, picking at her fruit

"Why not?"

"Because I hate telling people about myself. There's no need to. You'll learn once you observe my strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes, my style, my emotions- you will figure me out. So therefore, I'm a map. Study it, learn it, figure it out, and you'll be fine" She stuck her tongue out

I have many ideas to what she can do with that tongue.

Rubbing my cheek roughly, I nodded in understanding, "Sounds fair, but it sounds like you're hiding something from me"

"I'm not" She sighed

I intertwined my hands, placing them on the counter, "What happened to you Thursday- in the bathroom?"

"Nothing"

"You sounded horrible"

"Gee, thanks" She rolled her eyes

"No, I'm serious. It wasn't just a regular cough, more like-"

"A Tuberculosis cough?"

"Yeah, some what"

"Oh, pft, I don't know. I get that from my mom"

Why the fuck is she lying to me?

☼☼☼☼

I remember why I hate being out in public.

People.

It's pretty decent out, considering the fact that it's six o'clock at night. I threw on light denim jeans, white long t-shirt, and Adidas Superstars. I didn't feel like throwing an outfit together. My mood is how I felt in high school- not giving a damn.

Karma moved her arms up and down, looking happy and amazing while twirling around near the beach. She had on this olive green bodycon dress that hugged her dangerous curves, black Puma Suedes, and a floppy tan straw hat.

I licked my lips as I had my hands in my pockets. I couldn't take my eyes off her thick legs that were exposed. She's dark and lovely, just how I like them.

She snarled, bending down to tie her shoe.

Boys, and men, were staring at her ass when they walked by, never looking straight. Bringing her back up, I pulled her towards me.

"What's wro-"

"I'll tie it"

"No, I can-"

"Hell no, let me do it" I interrupted, kneeling down to tie the shoelace

"Why are you making a big deal about me tying my shoes?"

I glared up in her direction, "Do I have to explain?"

"Oh please, I have spandex shorts underneath"

Straightening myself, I put my arm around her shoulder. The side of her head planted on the right of my chest. We walked along the beach in this position and played around until the Sun was going to set.

"How tall are you?" Karma questioned, sitting down on the sand

I took a seat beside her, "5'10. You?"