Chapter 12: The Lie that Keeps Lyin.

(Your PoV)

When I got home from school that day, I didn't want to do anything at all. In just one day my life had gone from only confusing, to confusing and dreadful. There were false, to a degree, rumors going around that Levi and I made out in the park. Not only that but Eren had turned his back completely on me. He even went so far as to call me a backstabbing liar. When and how did I ever lie to him?

Whoever spread that rumor has Eren wrapped around their finger, and I'm afraid for what their going to do. I wanted everything to go back to normal. I just..wanted everything to be okay.

Ignoring my family in the living room, I trotted up the steps and made my way to my room. I shut the door behind me and sighed, everything from the day flooding back into my mind. Levi said he was going to take care of it, but how can he take care of something he himself knows nothing about? I wanted to believe in him, but I had too many doubts.

(Levi's PoV)

The wind was picking up as I walked home from school. I had stayed later than everyone else to see if anyone knew anything about the rumor, but no one said anything. I was trying my best to keep my word to (Y/N), but secretly, I was satisfied with the rumor. Eren was heartbroken, and now he knows how I felt when he took (Y/N) away from me.

I pulled my jacket closer to me and went to walk a little bit faster when I noticed three figures ahead of me. I stopped once I realized who it was.

Looking around, there was a wall near them where they wouldn't see me. I quickly hid there and tried my best to listen to what they were saying.

"....(Y/N) could....Levi..." I heard muffled words come from Eren's mouth. I bit the inside of my lip and leaned in closer, making their conversation more audible.

"Eren, just forget about her. You have us, and we won't abandon you." Mikasa said as she smiled at Eren. Armin nodded his head in agreement.

A fourth voice soon joined their conversation,

"Hey guys! Mind if I talk to you for a bit?" Ymir asked sweetly to the three.

"Hey Ymir, what's up?" Eren asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and listened closely.

"Well I was just on my way home when I seen (Y/N). I went up to talk to her but stopped once I seen her talking on the phone..and what she was talking about.." Mikasa tilted her head and asked,

"What'd she say?" Ymir instantly replied,

"I couldn't make it all out but somewhere along the lines of 'I'm relieved Eren is finally off my chest. I was getting so sick and tired of him following me around like some love sick mutt. Well, now we don't have to worry about him Levi. It's just you and me.'." My eyes widened. Why would Ymir spread such a ridiculous rumor? I looked over to side of the wall to see Eren breathing heavily, with Armin and Mikasa both patting his back.

"I can't believe her. I can't believe any of this. I'm going to see her." My eyes widened, along with everyone else.

"Eren no!" Armin grabbed Eren's arm and pulled back.

"You know violence isn't the answer and you haven't listened to (Y/N)'s side of the story!" Mikasa scoffed and took Armin's hand off of Eren.

"Let him go. She needs to be punished for what she's done." Eren walked at a fast pace towards (Y/N)'s house, and I knew I had to stop him before he did something to (Y/N).

A/N: So now we know Ymir is somehow involved with all of this. An accomplice maybe? And what is Eren planning to do to? Find out in the next chapter, but for now, let me know what you thought about this crappy one down below.