d u o

About a month later I'd settled into my new life and it was thriving. I've become very close to Martha, Lorie and Nicole, spending every lunch together and hanging out after school. I haven't spoken to River since our awkward encounter, however I catch his glance in the corridor occasionally as he struts around with his friends or new girl of choice.

"Lorie, are we going to yours tonight? I left my green pen there and I need it for my Spanish project" Martha asked as we stood by Nicole's locker.

"Yeah sure, we can hang there if you want? Order a pizza or something?" Lorie said twirling her curly brown hair around her tan finger.

"Nic, Mona? Are you guys coming too?" Martha asked as Nicole closer her locker and we made our way to lunch.

"Yeah, I need to teach Mona a few things about make up and the only person who has more eyeshadow than me is you." Nicole laughed prodding at my face.

"Gee thanks Nic!" I sarcastically exclaimed. We walked through the quads and made it into the courtyard and sat down on the grass like we usually do. I look out my lunch and we began to talk and plan what we'd do at Lorie's house.

"Have you seen Chloe Morgan's Instagram bio?" Nicole giggled looking down at her phone in amusement. 

"No? Lemme see?" Lorie pried Nicole's phone out of her hand and looked at the screen, Martha and I leaning over her shoulder.

"Oh god, RJP and a heart" Martha pretend gaged as she sat back down again. "I honestly don't see the hype with this coy rich boy, he's just like all the other boys in this school but cockier and richer."

"I think he's dreamy" Nicole sighed flopping back dramatically onto her back, her pink heart pants flashing all of us.

"I haven't really spoken to him" I shrugged taking a bite of my green apple.

"No way" Lorie Gasped looking directly behind me.

"What?" I panicked, frantically brushing my hair and wiring my face hoping that something hadn't landed on me somewhere.

"Don't turn around" Martha whispered looking in the same direction as her best friend.

"What?-" Nicole asked turning around before her face is grabbed by the cheeks.

"Nicole look at me!" Martha growled.

"RP is coming this way" Lorie gasped. I turned around and it was too late, I had a crotch in my face. Nice.

He cleared his throat and squatted down to reach our height and ginned at the four of us. Taking in out attire and choice of lunch foods.

"Yes?" Martha asked rudely.

"Easy Plimpton" River snarled, a large smirk still plastered on his face.

"What do you want?"

"If you ladies don't mind, I'd like to borrow Mona for a moment" The emphasis on Mona to remind me of our last encounter caused my cheeks to turn a furious Crimson colour before I stood up and followed River towards the old oak tree.

"Can I help you?" I asked, my leg tapping impatiently.

"Go out with me" River smiled.