nineteen

"Babe we gotta go!" Niall rushed peeking his head around the corner of our bathroom. I looked back at myself admiring the way I had looked after carefully constructing my hair and make up. Tonight was the big night of the performance so everything had to be perfect, especially on the outside. My dress was sequined on one sleeve with green and gold sequence and beads, pulling it down slightly it came to my thigh once I was done with adjusting everything.

"I know." I told him slipping on my shoes and following him out to where Rachel held Rory sucking this binkie. Taking Rory one last time out of Rachel's arms he clung to me like a small monkey, laying his head on my exposed shoulder of my right arm that was not covered with a sleeve. Rubbing his back softly I swayed back and forth in a controlled motion.

"Amelia! If we don't go now we will be late babe." Niall warned seeing that I was spending more time with Rory then he thought. I hated leaving him but I knew this was a big night and there was no room for mistakes like being late. "He will be fine!"

"I know." I told him peeling him off of me and handing him back to Rachel who gladly took him. Within us moving Rory into Rachel's arms, Rory then began to scream and whimper. Knowing that I was headed towards the door, getting further away from him. "I love you Rory!" I turned my head to see the baby reaching out for me with tears running down his face.

"Thanks Rachel!" Niall ushered me out with I stood in his arms while getting down to the lobby. I felt weird leaving Rory this time, it was almost a feeling of loss for reasons I didn't know. Following Niall out to the car that waited for us he opened the door like a gentleman before getting into the drivers side.

"Rory will be fine." Niall reassured me although that wasn't what I really needed. I knew that Rory was going to be good in the hands of Rachel but some part of me was pressing the loss urge that was nagging at me.

"I know he will." I shook off the feeling taking in a deep breath to calm my nerves. The closer we got to the performance hall the more anxious I became. Nervous nerves bouncing and producing butterflies in my stomach that kept fluttering their wings in my gut.

"Are you nervous?" Niall asked me pulling up to the front and waiting for the valet to come tend to us.

"I feel like throwing up!" I confessed swallowing hard upon the sight of camera's flashing just outside my door. Moving my gaze to Niall his hand connected to my cheek, rubbing it before leaning into a sweet light kiss.

"Everything is going to be great, it always is." Niall told me before the valet came around my side and opened the door to the bright lights. Taking his hand he offered for assistance I pulled on it to bring myself to my full height. Walking around to meet Niall he grabbed my hand and we made our way into the spacious building that was filling with all people dressed in formal wear.

Guiding Niall backstage I went to make sure everything was running smoothly and efficiently since the show was scheduled to start in only twenty minutes. Girls dressed in white glittering tutu's and white perfectly tailored spaghetti strapped leotards were all running about getting various things touched up. Glitter sparked on the floors from the costumes of all the girl dancers that were all prepping for the night we had all be working towards.

"Jason!" I called seeing him talk with a women that wore a head seat around her head. Hearing his name her searched around for the source finding me and coming over to me with opens arms. I had become very close to Jason over the time we had worked closely together and knew I would miss him dearly if I woke up tomorrow with everything back to its original state.

"Amelia darling!" He embraced me with a smile curving on his lips, excited energy all around us. "Its show time! Come its about to start!" Jason pulled away from the hug leading us back out from backstage. Before we knew it we settled into our seats and the lights dimmed all around the seated area. The mood being set with the music that was in perfect synchronization with the many dancer that moved swiftly across the floor in grace.