fourteen

Red pigment was carefully swiped across my lips while I puckered them in the mirror. I had made up my mind, I was slowly driving myself to the brink of insanity not seeing Harry.

It was Tuesday and I still hadn't heard a word from Niall. I knew nothing of his whereabouts since no word was spoken nor texted to me about such topic. I wondered where he was and what he was thinking about the whole situation but none of my questions were answered due to his lack of communication.

Once correctly securing Rory's car seat in the back seat I sat in the drivers seat sucking in oxygen to calm my nerves. I didn't know why I was becoming nervous to see the face I trapped in my memory, the face my heart belonged to. Starting the engine of the car I closed my eyes and opened them back up when I was ready to back up and head to the address I had programmed into my GPS.

What would he say? What would I say to him? He didn't know who I was or what I wanted, hell I didn't even know what I wanted from this meeting. What was I hoping to accomplish? For him to magically remember our life together so he could whisk
me away to our happily ever after? I knew this was only an idea for my dreams, this was real life not my dreams.

I needed to prepare myself for anything that could happen. I knew there were going to be surprises I'm not prepared for but this was the time to take a step back from it and mentally prepare for possibilities surrounding the situation. I had to keep it together no matter what occurred today.

"You can still turn back. You don't have to do this." Astrid appeared in the front seat slumped over looking into my eyes while mine concentrated on the house my GPS had guided me to.

"I've already come this far, I have to know what happened to him." I switched my eyes to Astrid who shook her head and was gone within the same instance.

Building up my courage I slid out from the drivers seat and went to unbuckle Rory in the back seat. Swinging the car seat over my arm I began taking steps towards the front door, nerves pricking at my skin my free arm bent and balled into a fist to knock on the door. I waited for noise to erupt behind the door but only the footsteps of a person was heard from the other side of the door. Taking in yet another deep breath I told myself to stay calm and keep myself collected.

Door opening up to reveal a girl with medium cut blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes was easily recognizable to me. Her features though slightly different from her hair length were still easily recognizable, after all; she is my best friend.

"Amelia?" Her brow furrowed in confusion from my sudden appearance on her front door step.

Keep yourself together.

"Astrid... Hey!" I put on a smile trying to swallow the forming lump in my throat.

"What are you doing here? Oh my god it's been so long!" Astrid took a step down from inside her house coming to me and embracing me while I set down the car seat. Feeling the arms of someone familiar bringing me more comfort then I would have thought.

"I ummm.... I actually came to catch up." I lied seeing her light up at my reasoning, I figured it would be better to lie about my motives rather then tell her the truth.

"Come in!" Astrid waved me into her house while I picked up the car seat that held sleeping Rory.

"Your house is beautiful." I complimented on the house that had similarities to what Harry and I's house before.

"Thank you! So  it's been awhile, how have you been? I heard you have a big upcoming performance!" Astrid sat across from me in a dark leather chair while I set the car seat on the floor next to the same colored leather couch.