"Yeah, they were here when Avery was a baby." Charlie answered.

"We left when Avery turned 4. Things came up which caused us to pack up and leave." My father answered in a kind voice that soon turned cold at the end. He gave them a smile at the end of the sentence. I guess Bella felt the awkward tension.

"So, are you ready for school tomorrow?" She asked me. I shrugged as my answer.

"I guess I am." I said laughing at the end. Bella laughed along with me while Lizzie just cracked a smile.

"Well, we should get going and leave you guys unpack. Call me if you need me." Charlie said as he walked away. He glanced back and waved. The two girls followed behind their dad.

"See you tomorrow, Avery." Lizzie said. I smiled but only got a blank look from her. I felt my smile grow bigger as I waved my fingers in the air. When they were out of sight, my dad spoke up.

"Well, that was interesting." He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"It was indeed." I agreed. My dad placed his hand on my head and looked down at me.

"Alright, let's get these boxes inside." He said as he walked towards his truck. He pulled the tarp over the boxes. I grabbed the first box and walked inside with my dad behind me with two boxes.

"Bet you, I can carry more boxes than you." My dad said cockily. I rolled my eyes.

"I bet you that you can't." I said before placing the boxes and rushing outside. I felt a tug at the collar of my hoodie as I fell backwards. I gasped for air as I made weird noises. I heard my dad laugh as he ran to the truck grabbing more boxes.

-
I walked up the stairs with the last box. I walked in my room and placed it down on the floor next to the other boxes. I lost the bet, of course. I was forced to go to the grocery store and get food. I searched the room as my eyes landed on the window. I smirked creeping towards the window.

"Avery, get to the store and don't even think about escaping through the window." A familiar voice called from the down the stairs. I let out a groan hoping he could her me. I grabbed my keys and stomped down the stairs. A piece of paper was shoved in my face.

"This is the list." My dad said motioning towards the paper. "Here is the money. Do not forget anything, please."

"Yes, father." I said grabbing the list and the money. I ran outside and jumped inside my truck. I pulled out of the driveway and got onto the rural road.

-
I parked the car in front of the store and stepped out. I stepped in the store and looked at the signs hanging from above the ceiling and went straight to shopping.

I finished putting the groceries in the bed of my Ford F150. I jumped inside and started the car. I realized that I needed more gas. I glanced around and caught someone. I poked my head out of the truck and called after them. They stared at me.

"Do you know where the gas station is?" I asked nicely. The stranger started giving directions. I thanked them and made my way to the gas station. I pulled in and hopped out ready to pump gas. I waited for the tank to fill up. I leaned against the truck and closed my eyes. I heard a couple of doors shut from vehicles. I opened one eye to see two different group of people. A girl looked over at one of the guys and smirked.

"Hello, mutt." She chirped. I raised my eyebrows at the word mutt. The boy just rolled his eyes. Him and his 'buddies' walked away. One of them spared a glance my way and stopped dead in their tracks.

"Yes?" I asked wanting to know why they were staring at me.

"Are you new here?" He asked. I looked around and nodded.

"A new person?" The girl asked. "This should be interesting."

"Katrina, leave her alone." The boy shouted towards her.

"Shut it, dog boy." She yelled at him.

"Why do you keep calling me a dog? I am a human being." He said. The girl said something back which caused them to start bickering. A boy caught my attention who was trying to tell his friend to be quiet.

"Sorry, they usually do this all the time." He said.

"Must suck." I replied. He laughed lightly.

"It does. I am Jacob Black." He said as he stuck his hand out. His name sounded familiar. I shook his hand that was warm.

"Avery Woodman." I said. The girl quit bickering with the boy and stared at me.

"Well, what a buzzkill." She mumbled under her breath. "Got to go."

"That was weird." Jacob said beside me. I watched the girl slide into her car and take off. I raised my eyebrows as I watched her car turn the corner.

"Well, I have to go. See you around, Avery." The boy, Jacob, said before leaving awkwardly. I sighed not bothering to say goodbye to the stranger. The tank was finally full which pleased me. I got back in the truck and drove off.

-
I fell onto my bed after I finished putting the food away. I closed my eyes wanting so badly to drift off to sleep. I sat back up and reached for one of the boxes. I grabbed some shorts and a shirt and walked into the bathroom to shower.

I came back out drying my hair. My eyes wandered around the room that would be cleaned if there weren't any boxes in here. I tossed the towel on the desk and lunged for my bed. I pulled the covers over my head and looked around in the dark.

"Home, sweet home." I said before falling asleep.

--
How was it? Hoped you enjoyed it.

Vote, comment, follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie