Tying Up Loose Ends

Start from the beginning

"This is my fight," I snarled. "Get out of here!" I shouted at them instead. "I'll take care of him!" I looked fierce, especially the black and blood red aura I had surrounding me. It was the aura that shows when I was going into super-angry-kill-mode, and now it was fully activated.

The Minotaur must have realized I was the main target here, because he stopped what he was doing and roared at me.

"Bring it on, horn-head," I taunted him.

He roared at me again, perhaps something like I'll kill you and dine on your flesh, half-blood! in Minotaur language. I didn't care. I charged him, and swung Blazefire at his leg.

He roared in pain, and he swung his massive hand at me, trying to swat me like a fly. But I was faster than a fly. I jumped onto his back, jabbed Blazefire into his spine before back-flipping as he grabbed at me with his hand.

Just as my feet touched the ground, the Minotaur caught me by the mid-section and brought me to eye level. He roared loudly at my face.

"I will send you Tartarus!" I bellowed, and slashed at his forearms with Blazefire.

He roared with a touch of pain in his voice, and smashed me onto the ground. He grabbed me again and threw me at the outpost, my head knocking into the hard wood.

I tried to shake the grogginess out of my head, my vision blurry. I snarled. I wasn't going to give up just like that.

As my vision cleared, I looked up to see the Minotaur slowly making his way towards me, his doubled-edged axe in his hand now. He swung it down, intending to cut me in half. I rolled to the side and all he could cut in half was the outpost. It split into two and fell aside. Half of the outpost fell towards me, and I managed to roll away but my right leg got caught.

I felt my strength sap out of my right leg. There was a deep cut on my thigh and calf. I tried to get up, but it was difficult. It felt like there was ten elephants stepping on it.

The Minotaur sounded like he was laughing, if that was possible through roaring. He stepped towards me again, taking his time.

We are dead buddy, a voice in my head said, dead like zombies. Except we won't be able to move afterwards.

"Who are you?" I said into my head. "I don't really have the time to talk! I'm about to get killed here!"

I'm you, the voice said impatiently.

"What? You're me? You better not be joking."

I'm serious, I'm you!

"That better not be a Chinese name, cuz I'm not Chinese!"

NO! It's Y-O-U! YOU! WATCH OUT!

I looked up just in time as the Minotaur sent his axe flying towards me, and I waited for my death.

Out of nowhere, a spear soared through the air and impaled the Minotaur on his axe-arm, making him drop the axe and roar in pain. I looked to my right, and I saw Roy, holding another spear and a coil of rope while Claire was standing next to him, holding her knife. My two saviours.

WHOOT WHOOT! my inner voice cheered. Here comes the two cavalry riders!

"Now!" Claire shouted, and Roy yanked sharply on the rope. The Minotaur's hand jerked, and he roared again. Blood was flowing freely from the wound in his hand. He was still desperately trying to get it out, but his hand slipped.

At once Claire and Roy ran towards the Minotaur; Claire stabbing him at the legs while Roy pulled the rope, running around the Minotaur so that the rope binded his body as well.

The Minotaur probably roared something like Curses! There's a toothpick in my hand that's painful, and two more delicious lunches on legs! I will enjoy this, although I have to endure the pain!

He used his free leg to swipe at Claire, who jumped over it and slashed it.

The Minotaur was finally bound tightly, and Roy swung his spear shaft at the Minotaur's legs, swiping it behind him. The Minotaur fell heavily to the ground, but before Claire or Roy could kill him, I shouted, "WAIT!"

Both of them stopped, looking at me. Roy was still holding the rope tightly, and didn't give the Minotaur a chance to stand up. He nodded at me.

"Do it," he said.

I pushed myself up onto my feet with all my might, using Blazefire as a crutch and hobbled as much as I could towards the Minotaur. I climbed onto his chest, and made my way to his forehead. I stood there, raising Blazefire as high as I could.

"Go to Hades!" I shouted, and plunged Blazefire into the Minotaur's neck, sinking the blade up to the hilt in monster flesh and blood.

The Minotaur immediately disintegrated, and I knew he was headed to Tartarus, and on the way he would meet my father Hades.

I collapsed onto the ground. My leg was bleeding even more, and I was starting to lose consciousness due to the excessive blood I lost.

Claire and Roy kneeled over me, and Roy's eyes widened at the sight of my leg. There was a knife in my calf, and he pulled that out as swiftly as he could. I bit my tongue from yelping, and all I could see was crimson.

"Stay with me!" Roy said, anxiously looking for something to stop the bleeding.

"You're gonna be okay," Claire said, putting her hand over my leg's wound. "Oh gods, he's bleeding to much. He will bleed to death!"

The other campers were running towards us, and in no time they would reach us.

Sweet dreams, my inner voice chirped. See you in the good dreams!

"Mom...," I muttered, and blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was also INTENSE!

I hope all of you are enjoying this series, and if you do, leave a like, a vote and add this to your reading list! Also, if you have time please spread this series around so that I can get more reads. Thanks!

See you in the next chappie!