Chapter Seventeen - Dead Meat

Yello Everyone,

Enjoy the chapter, and make sure to check out my Instagram: Lil_Fro_Wattpad where I will be posting updates on where abouts I am and how far away the updates are.

I'm currently going through the other chapters and fixing up some major mistakes and when i finish i will upload them all at once. But till then I will continue to update. i am going to try and update once a week, fingers crossed that I manage. Thank you everyone who has commented, i will try and dedicate chapters to all of you at one stage or another.

Goal: 20 Likes and 2 comments

Cheers, Z

Fiorella's POV

I freeze, glancing around the room before lifting a foot and placing it down on the cool concrete as quietly as I can.

"Hello? Who's there" a voice calls from down the room. My muscles freeze as hard as concrete as I stand there with my eyes as wide as saucepans. "I know someone's there I can here you breathing" the voice calls again, but from a closer distance.

Crap! Crap! Crap! What do I do? Come on brain think, think brain think. The sound of feet moving against concrete breaks through my thoughts. Crap crap crap!

The figure bursts out from behind a row of weapons. "Luna!?" the person exclaims, walking closer to me "what are you doing?"

I rake through my brain, trying to think of an excuse. "I" I drag it out, "am trying to find Raphael?" I ask. Looking at him.

His face flushes a crimson and he quickly offers a low bow before offering to escort me directly to him. "Err.... Umm" he stutters uncertainty the dominant emotion on his face before he asks me to close my eyes "Sorry Luna, we are only supposed to show pack members the way to the training facilities." He rushes in a scared town.

Waving at him dismissively, I continue down the corridor he was leading me to. "Now do I cover my eyes?"

He answers with a small nod and then grabs a hold of my arm. Leading me through a musty smelling passage way. Nerves flutter in my stomach as the sound of a deep voice fills the silence.

"Brake up into groups" it says, followed by the sound of people dragging their feet across concrete.

"Almost their Luna" the man says, loosening his hold on me slightly. The sounds of grunts and groans grow loader, from every step. Breaking the silence and setting my nerves alight with fire.

We keep walking onwards into the ever present musty smell. Until finally we arrive, with the noises coming from inside extremely loud "You can leave me now, I will be fine from here onwards"

Using my hands, I push the strap of cloth from around my head onto the floor. Before edging towards the ajar door and peeking in. Men swarm the centre of the room, where Raphael's voice is radiating from.

Their chests glistens and glitter under the lights, from the bucket loads of sweat gathered between them. The horde of men break apart into groups of two, creating a tsunami of noise as they all spread out throughout the room.

Raphael yells something that I miss and they all become a flurry of limbs as they move too fast for my eyes to catch. Grunts and groans come from all of the groups, creating a blanket of noise. That smothers the room whole.

He moves from group to group pausing here and there. When he turns his back to the archway I stand in. I take my chance and weave through the shadows, in and around the bundles of limbs. Into a dark corner.

When I reach there I plant myself down, I sit there for hours. Before finally I watch as slowly the groups stop. One after another. With one man, the clear winner walks to my left and the other, the loser, limps of head bowed in shame to my right.

The floor clears of men, with only Raphe standing in the middle. His voice booms over the room. Reaching each corner in earnest.

"We will fight and win this war!!" he bellows and clenches his muscles. His muscles stand at attention, stark against his shirtless chest.

The men all follow his actions chanting over and over "Fight and win". They circle around him, cheering louder and louder.

"Fight and win!" Raphael roars at last, and the chants reach a crescendo. Echoing off of the concrete walls. The chant over and over until the room is alight in noise. Until they cut out and the plunges into quiet.

They lift their heads and whip them until they face me. Oh crap I'm screwed. Their faces scrunch and a low snarl fills the room. "What are you doing here?" he growls, a dark mask covering his face "I thought I told you to stay in our room"

Err... come on Fiorella. Come on, think of something. "I ... errm, was" you can lie better than this, think, think, think "I got lost on my way back. Yea that's right lost, on my way back" I mutter, averting my eyes from him.

His eyebrows, stay folded down. Anger still prominent on his face. I'm in deep crap now, I may as well just dig the hole for my body and save him the trouble.

He moves forwards, and the group of men part like the sea. Leaving a clear pathway for him to reach me. His steps are an ominous sound echoing through the room and he is upon me.

****

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. 

Love ya'll