I pretty much zoned out for the rest of her speech. The one good part that I did hear was that we are allowed to choose who we share a room with instead of the stupid room assignment rule. It was the first night I would be able to sleep without the air smelling of Belle’s bad attitude mixed with her coconut perfume that she claims was specifically made for her in Tokyo, but actually smells like dish detergent.

Savannah immediately gathered Charlotte, Emma, Ashley and I and we hauled our suitcases into the nearest room.

“I can’t believe hometowns are next week!” Savannah exclaimed. “I feel like I’ve only known the boys a couple of weeks!”

“It only has been a couple of weeks,” Ashley smiled.

We each settled in a bed and immediately went to sleep. It was the best night’s sleep I’ve had since I came to this competition, which turned out to not be so bad after all.

The next morning, the five of us were playing UNO in the living room when Cassandra ran in with a white envelope containing the date card for tomorrow. Everyone else came running into the room and waited for Cassandra to reveal the information. She tucked a loose strand of her brown hair behind her ear and began:

“Serena, Emma and Belle—let’s heat up our relationship.”

There was a chorus of ooooh’s  from all the girls. Belle smirked as her friends nudged her.

“From Harry,” Cassandra concluded.

A mixture of gasps and excited squeals erupted from Belle and her posse.

“Oh my God, Belle, you’ve been waiting to go on a date with him for like ever!” Ava shrieked.

“You are so going to get the rose!”

Emma rolled her eyes. “Of course I have to spend a whole day with her. I can’t stand her.”

“At least you can make sure she doesn’t get the rose,” Ashley said.

Just then, the elevator doors opened and four handsome young men walked out into the living room. I was too mesmerized by their adorable faces that I didn’t see the weapons they were carrying in their hands.

The cold water struck me hard as I struggled to get out of my bean bag chair. Another water balloon hit me and I could tell that Niall had thrown that one at me. The other girls were shrieking and trying to hide behind the couches so they wouldn’t get hit. I turned my back just in time to get hit by another thrown by Harry.

“And this one’s from Louis!” said Liam as he dropped a water balloon that could’ve easily fit a small child inside of it over the side of the couch where we were all crowded. The wet substance trickled down my back as the boys escaped to the elevator before we could strangle them.