Prologue

Prologue:

"Summer! Oh My God! SUMMER!" My best friend, Riley Daniels, sprinted into my bedroom, clutching a newspaper to her chest. "Read this. Now." Her soft green eyes twinkled as she threw the paper at me.

I pushed the golden hair out of my face and sat up, "What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Just read!" She squealed as she grinned excitedly.

"Okay, okay." I signed as I started reading the article.

It's every girl's dream to meet boy-band, One Direction. Or better yet, have one of them fall madly in love with you! Well, now's your chance.

Producers of The Bachelor/Bachelorette are launching a brand new program, Celebrity Bachelor. And what better way to kick off the first season than having five heart-throbs meet the girl of their dreams. That girl could be you.

It's simple really, 40 girls between the ages of 15-25 will live in a mansion similar to the one you’ve seen on previous seasons of The Bachelor. Each week, there will be romantic dates and roses to be handed out. Best part? It’ll be shown on TV as a regular series!

At the end of each week, the boys will decide which girls go, and which girls continue on the journey to stealing their hearts. Obviously, there will be five winners –one for each of the boys-and you will not be winning a proposal. You will be winning the opportunity to continue dating the boy who chooses you, which could possibly lead to marriage.

Zayn Malik. Louis Tomlinson. Harry Styles. Liam Payne. Niall Horan. Do you think you stand a chance of falling in love? Just fill out the application on our website www.celebritybachelor.com.

Remember, only 40 girls will be chosen. There will be tears. There will be drama. And, of course, there will be love.

I raised my head to see Riley grinning eagerly at me. I shook my head, “No ways.”

“Why?” Her shoulders sank, “We’re 17, so we can enter! Please? Harry and I would be perfect for eachother!”

I rolled my eyes. You see, Riley is obsessed. Not dedicated, obsessed. I do like their music and everything. I’m just not… Obsessed. “Fine, Rilez, then you sign up. I will happily watch it every week.”

“We have to do it together.” She insisted, “Come on, Summer. Do it for me? You know how much I want to meet them! And seriously, what are the chances of us actually getting picked?”

I sighed, “I suppose you’re right. Okay fine, go get the stupid applications. I’ll do it.”

If only I had known what I was getting myself into.