The One With The Sad Ending

Last Part!! Wow I can't believe how far this story came. Maybe I'll write a sequel if you want ;)

Peggy and I rushed to the hospital. It was almost ten and neither of us had any clue as to what this emergency was.

"John Laurens?" The receptionist said as we ran into the pediatric wing.

I nodded my head frantically.

"Doctor Hodgens!" She called from her chair.

Doctor Hodgens came out quickly. "John!" He rushed over and put his hand on my back. "We called you for permission to operate on Alexander. We're afraid you were too late."

We were sitting in Alex's room. They took Alex into surgery and operated on him without my permission. I would've said yes either way. he might've cheated on me but I loved him more than anything. I felt in my pocket for the small box. I pulled out the shell from the beach when we were in California and put it on the little table next to his bed. They transferred him to a different bed to operate.

Peggy's head was falling over as she sat in the plastic chair across the room. "Peggy, just sleep on his bed." I said walking over to her. I helped her up and into Alex's bed. She was asleep practically as soon as her head hit the thin pillow. I don't blame her. It was one in the morning and we haven't had any news.

A nurse came into the room. "He's still in surgery," She said quietly. "We'll tell you when he is out."

I nodded, "Thank you." I said.

She gave me a curt nod and left the room, closing the door on her way out.

I went into the group chat.

J.Ham: Alex is in emergency surgery. I don't know if he'll be okay.

FrenchieFry: We're flying in. Herc was coming back anyway.

J.Ham: I'll text when he's out.

FrenchieFry: Thanks

I put my phone on the table and let put my head on the edge of the bed and fell asleep.

I woke up at eight with three new messages.

Eliza<3: Angelica and I are on our way

FrenchieFry: We Just landed. On our way

FrenchieFry: Any news?

J.Ham: Not yet. Just woke up.

I put my phone away.

A nurse walked by and stopped when she saw I was awake. "John?" She asked.

"That's me."

"Alex is in recovery."

I let out a breath and got up to follow her.

She led me to a room with curtains as dividers. She pulled back the second one to reveal Alex. He was very skinny even with the bandages wrapped around him. He was hooked up to a heart monitor, blood and an IV. He had an oxygen tube and a finger clamp to test his oxygen intake.

I sat down on the edge of the bed by his feet. He was so peaceful when he was sleeping.

I watched his chest rise and fall for a while until the nurse made me leave to check on Alex. She promised to get me when he woke up. I wanted to be there when he woke up but I remembered John and Maggie.