The One When They're on Holiday

Quick note: I changed the cover because that Snapchat filter is so funny on Lin's face. And the previous cover was literally just the only pic of Lin I had at the time. And thank you for reading! :)

"Alexander, hurry up!" I said putting my backpack next to the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he said publishing his essay and shutting his laptop.

He put his backpack on his back and grabbed his plane ticket. Our books were piled on our beds so we could use our backpacks instead of going through luggage.

I picked up my bag and left the dorm, locking the door after Alex was out.

"Okay, we gotta meet Hercules at the front of campus." I said taking Alex's hand and walking down the stairs.

"Okay," he said back. He was fairly quiet while we walked through the courtyard, which was odd seeing as lately he wouldn't shut up. I wasn't complaining though, I loved hearing him talk.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just excited." He lied.

"Alex you can't lie to me to save your life."

He smiled at me, "Okay, I'm just curious as to how you paid for this trip." He said.

"Peggy's parents gave me money for Christmas and I used it for a holiday. You need it." I stopped, "We both need it."

"The Schuyler's?" He asked.

"Yeah, they love me." I said.

"That's nice of them." He paused for a moment, "How do they have money?"

"They're just loaded, Phillip Schuyler is the sister's dad and he is paying for all three of the girls' tuitions."

"Wow," Alex breathed.

"It's not an expensive trip, the most expensive thing is the plane ride. And I paid some of it too."

Hercules popped the trunk when he saw us coming and I took both of our bags and put them next to Hercules' suitcase in the trunk.

Alex slid over to the middle seat and clicked the seatbelt. I got in next to him and buckled mine too. He grabbed my hand again and Hercules started driving toward the airport. It was over an hour long drive so he stopped and got everyone bagels at the gas station.

Alex fell asleep on my shoulder and I nearly died because he looked so cute sleeping. I should be used to it since I convinced him to sleep daily but he's just so adorable.

I fell asleep too so I don't blame Alex since we were up until almost midnight playing Scrabble and Monopoly then had to wake up at five to pack and get to the airport by ten.

Hercules decided the best way to wake us up was by slamming the brakes. I jerked forward and my eyes shot open. Alex shot his head up and hit my chin with his forehead. "Ow, Hercules!" Alex said.

"Oops, we're here." He said smirking in the rearview.

I shook my head and rubbed my chin, "You alright Hun?" I said to Alex who was squinting his eyes and holding his head.

"Yeah, just hurts a little."

"A few Tylenol's and you'll be fine." Hercules said parking the car in the car lot. "You guys have my ticket?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said smiling. He thought he was coming with Alex and I to California but we had a surprise for him. "Alex get his ticket." I said.

Alex pulled a piece of folded paper out of his jacket pocket and handed it to him.

"Oh, I don't need it now if we're going together you can keep it with the rest." He said.

"Just take it." I said.

He grabbed it and unfolded the paper. He read it and his eyes went wide.

Alex and I smiled to each other. "What's it say?" Alex asked. I was recording the event on my phone.

"This is a ticket to France!" He said excitedly.

"Yeah, we thought you'd like to see Lafayette over holiday." I said.

He started crying and got out of the car. We followed. "Thank you so much!" He said hugging Alex and I.

"It's from everyone!" Alex said.

"I don't know what to say!"

"Just pop the trunk." I said stopping the camera. "You have a flight to catch."

He popped the trunk and pulled his suitcase out. We grabbed our bags and I closed the trunk. "We'd better hurry, your flights taking off soon."

He nodded and we all started walking toward the building.

Alex and I were sat in our seats waiting to take off, he called window seat nearly two weeks ago so I let him sit there, but I never mentioned that I hate the window seat.

I turned off my phone and took Alex's hand when the plane was ready to take off. "John?"

"Yeah?"

"I've never been on vacation."

"It's fun"

"John?"

"Yeah?"

I didn't hear what he said because the engine started.