Steve x Reader x Soda

Hey guys, this might be the last update for this week . So I'll surprise you all with something, maybe next week or so. But I don't know, it's a big project to me. It'll be a lot of work plus I have a rehearsal, along with school :( So I hope you all don't mind! Also I have 2.21k reads.. I'm so happy :")))) I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far *sob sob* You all mean so much to me♥️ Thank you all again and I hope you all will like my surprise! Now enough babbling, you probably want to read this chapter😓 Haha xD If you've read this far then you are my sista/brotha 😏😏😏HOMIES FOR LYF~

-------------------

Soda and Steve both had a crush on you. It was obvious to everyone but you. They were your best friends, and the three of you would spend time together. Soda knew Steve had liked you. And Steve knew Soda had liked you. It was simple, really.

Today you were visiting the boys at the DX. You brought snacks and some sandwiches. Ponyboy was planning to go but he realized that his homework wasn't completed and sped home to finish it instead.

You walked inside and greeted the first person you saw. Steve. You waved at him and set the small basket on the counter.

"Hey (Y/N). Whatcha' bring us?" He asked, peeking inside of the basket. You slapped his hand away playfully. "No peeking!"

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Soda came from the doorway and nudged Steve. "We should go and wash our hands before we eat, buddy."

Steve nodded in agreement, and the two of them ran to the bathroom. You heard one of them slip and fall. You giggled and shook your head.

-

"Idiot! You made me fall!" Soda groaned and got up, following Steve into the men's bathroom. More like the boy's room. Soda thought.

Steve laughed like a maniac and turned on the sink. "Well whaddya know Soda. Are ya gonna tell (Y/N)?"

Soda became silent for a moment but then spoke up. "Uh..I dunno, maybe. I don't know Steve." He whispered. Steve turned to him while rinsing his hands. "Well Soda, I was planning..to tell her, too. I mean, today." He grabbed a towel and dried his hands, then turned the sink off. "I thought about it. I thought hard about it. I don't care if she rejects me, I just need to tell her the truth about how I feel. How I feel towards her."

Soda nodded, and turned the sink off and wiped his hands on the paper towel. "Oh, I see. Well Steve why don't we both tell her?" He asked. He received a funny look from Steve. Soda bursted out laughing. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just.. I don't know, isn't that a little..weird?" Steve asked. "Well I don't know, it would be a bit awkward too, what if she rejects us both? What if (Y/N) chooses one over the other?"

Soda thought for a moment. "Well, we have to be prepared." He said smiling. "Promise that no matter what, we'll all still be the best of friends. No matter what happens." Soda held out his pinky. Steve scoffed and crossed his arms. "I promise."

Soda frowned. "You're supposed to link your pinky with mines, dumbo." Steve rolled his eyes. "Pinky promises are for little children!" He protested. Soda groaned. "Steve! Just do it, please?!"

Steve sighed in defeat, and linked his pinky with Soda's. "Fine." Soda smiled brightly at him.

-

Steve and Soda finally walked back to where you were. You smiled at them wondering what took them so long. "I was waitin' for a while. What happened?"

Soda just smiled. "Ya know, nothin." He looked at Steve. Steve looked back at Soda and smirked. You crossed your arms and sighed. "What did ya do?"

The two of them shrugged. "Nothing." They both said at the same time. "We'll tell you later." Steve said. "Okay." You said laughing.

-

"Mmm~ That looks good." Soda said, jumping excitedly. Steve smacked his shoulder playfully and groaned. "Seriously Soda you're such a kid." You laughed at the two of them. You enjoyed spending time with them, because they always made you happy.

"(Y/N), we have to tell ya somethin." Soda made a serious face. You turned to him and Steve. "What?" You asked.

They both turned to each other. Steve began counting, "One, two, three.."

"We like you very much, (Y/N). More than a friend."

You looked at them, surprised, and then smiled. They looked at you confused. "I like you both, too."

"Really?" Steve asked. Soda tilted his head slightly. "Wow this wasn't what we expected."

You nodded and giggled. "I do like you both. It's just, I can't choose. I love you both very much, so I feel like we should just stay friends, ya know?" Steve and Soda looked at each other and then nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry, guys. But I hope you understand."

Soda grinned, shaking his head. "Nah. We both understand. Because we spent time together ever since we were younger. We are best friends. Steve and I didn't want to lose our friendship with you and each other. Steve and I promised we'd still be the best of friends. Right, Steve?"

Steve smiled. "Yeah. Even this kid made me pinky promise him.." You giggled. "I'm glad." You whispered.

"Friends forever." Soda said.

"Friends forever." You and Steve both said at the same.

Forever friends..

-----------------

So? How did you guys like that~?

This one's kinda angsty and all but I am proud of this one. Hehe cx Anyway I'll see ya'll later~ Bye!