Darry x Reader

"(Y/N) please talk to Darry. Tell him I'll be home by 10pm. I swear." Ponyboy pleaded. I sighed and stood up. "Fine." I roll my eyes and walk to the living room where Darry is reading the newspaper while Two-bit is watching Mickey, and Dallas is talking with Johnny. I sit next to Darry. "Yes, (Y/N)?" He asks without looking up from the newspaper. Ponyboy nudges my shoulder. I groan.

"Look, I'll drop Ponyboy off and pick him back up around 10pm. It's no big deal." I say. Darry looks at me and sighs. "Are you sure, (Y/N)?" He stares back at me with a look. I nod and smile. "I'm sure. Plus I'll have to meet up with someone later. He's one of my great friends."

"Hm, alright then." His voice suddenly changes and he continues reading the newspaper. I get up and walk back upstairs with Ponyboy. 

"What was that all about?" 

I turned my head towards Ponyboy. "What?"

"Well, Darry looked mad all of a sudden when you mentioned the fact that you were meeting with some guy later. Oh, (Y/N), could he be.." Ponyboy gasped and covered his mouth. I smacked his shoulder. "Oh shut your trap will ya. Darry would never love a girl like me." I say, trying not to sound hurt. I know Darry will never fall for a girl like me. 

"(Y/N), you love him?"

I look at Ponyboy and sigh. "Well..maybe. But..I..It's just.." I say slowly. "Never mind..it's just hard to believe that Darry would get jealous. Darry and I don't get along well and yet I'm in love with him. Ain't that crazy, Pony? I'm in love with someone who dislikes me. That's great."I say quietly. 

"Ugh, listen, (Y/N), I know Darry loves ya. So YOU shut your trap and listen to what I'm sayin. I know this because he kind of hinted Soda and I during dinner time." Ponyboy was sitting on his bed. I crossed my arms.  "Oh, yeah? So what'd he say?"

Ponyboy gave me a smirk. "Well he asked us if you were free on Friday. Wanna know what else he said?" 

I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"He asked if you had a boyfriend. But this was yesterday night. I also read his diary." Ponyboy was laughing. I smacked his chest and crossed my arms again. "Shut up horse boy. But is that really true? He said those things?" 

Ponyboy rubbed his chest and nodded. "W-Well duh. And don't call me horse boy. That's just wrong" I giggled. "No, it's right." I got up and stretched my arms. "Well, Pony, do you think I should confess to Darry?"

Ponyboy became silent for a moment. He spoke up after a few seconds. "I mean, if ya really wanna. I don't mind as long as you're alright with it. Believe me, he loves you, (Y/N). And when I say believe, I mean, believe me!" He snickered and pushed me out of the room. I chuckled and went back downstairs.

"Hey, Darry. Can I talk to you." I say. He looks up at me and nods. 

"Follow me." I go outside with him. We sit on the porch. 

"What did you want to talk about, (Y/N)?" Darry turned to me. I turned to him and smiled. "Darry, I, well..I have something to confess." I can hear my heart beating like crazy. "I know that you'll probably reject me but, I love you."

Darry stared at me in silence.

"D-Darry?"

"O-Oh, sorry, it's just...I'm surprised. That you.." 

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I love you."

Darry smiled. "I love you too, (Y/N). Go out with me sometime. Can ya?"

I nodded. "Of course Darry."

"Alright Mrs. Darrel. It's settled." He said chuckling, giving me a kiss on the lips.