Chapter 17

I plopped into my seat and yawned. My sleep was interrupted by my belt beeping. It was Princess. I really wasn't surprised that she was Mimeko. That girl was annoying as hell.

The Rowdyruff Boys walked in with bored looks on their faces. I groaned on the inside. Stupid Blitz. How did he get my hairbrush? All ideas seemed unreasonable, even for New Townsville standards.

He plopped behind me and noted, "You look like the Living Dead."

"Up all night doing homework," I lied.

"My homework didn't leave me with bruises," Blitz noted.

"I also had martial arts," I continued.

"Whatever," he said, rolling his eyes.

I opened my book and began to read.

Ms. Keane ran in and announced, "I've got to go. All of you are to go to the library and read."

"Is the library..." Blitz started to ask me.

"It is nice and open," I remarked. "No worries for your claustrophobia."

I gathered my books as the entire class relocated to the library.

The librarian told us to sit at any of the tables. I chose my favorite one near the mysteries.

"I was told to take attendance," the librarian stated.

I sat peacefully reading until she called, "Yumi Kuninobu!"

"Here," I said. I noticed Blitz looking at me weirdly, but ignored him. I figured he was still surprised I knew about his claustrophobia.

After class was over, I was headed to my next period when I noticed Blitz following me.

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked him.

"I'm not," he said defensively.

"You are creeping behind me in a sneaky manner," I remarked. "You are stalking me. Now, tell me why?"

"Um," he said.

"If you have no reason, then stop," I said before walking off.

When lunch time came around, I explained what happened to my friends.

"Maybe he likes you," Miyako suggested.

"I'm the class otaku," I said with a laugh. "I'm not exactly the most wanted girl in school. Boys typically stalk people like you, Miyako. In fact, I notice one looking at you right now."

I pointed to the table Boomer was sitting at. He was watching Miyako closely.

She gave a look of disgust and said, "Never. I would never like him."

"I never said anything like that," I said mischievously. "Is Miyako in denial?"

"You are a jerk," she said.

"I'm stating facts," I laughed. "That's different."

"This is rich," Kaoru laughed. "Just rich."

"Don't get me started on you and Butch," I said, laughing.

Kaoru protested, which caused us all to laugh. This is what it was like to have friends. Being an otaku, I never really had friends. It was nice.

"You girls won't admit it," I said in a sing-song voice, laughing.

"Well, what about the Blitz thing?" Miyako teased.

"The stalker thing is creepy," I said, unfazed. "If you ask me, I'm hoping it stops, and soon. If it doesn't, I'm getting a restraining order."

"You are only 13," Momoko remarked. "You can't get a restraining order."

"I have a dream," I said, faking importance. "That all teenage girls can be free of stalkers and creepy dudes, without their parents having to get restraining orders!"

We all busted out laughing, getting us weird looks. We didn't care though. We were having a blast.