Chapter 15: Kaoru

I skate boarded to the skate park. I started to do some really cool tricks on my board.

"How did you do that?" a voice asked from behind me. Butch.

"None of your business," I said snidely to him.

"What did I do to you?" he asked, looking at me strangely.

"Just leave me alone," I ordered him rudely.

"Fine," he said. "Whatever." He leaped on his skateboard and rode away.

"Finally," I said. "Alone at last!" I walked over to the cliff at the edge of the park and sighed. I was sick of all the crime fighting. I wished that we could have one day off.

"What's the matter with you?" Butch asked from behind me.

"Leave me alone," I said, giving him a death glare. I stood up and crossed my arms angrily

"Hey," he said defensively, walking up to me. "I just want to know..."

"I said leave me alone!" I shouted, pushing him away from me.

He got angry and pushed me back.

I suddenly lost my balance and fell off the cliff.

I screamed when I felt a hand grab my foot.

"Are you okay?" Butch asked, sounding worried. He pulled me up and I punched him in the face.

"You lunatic!" I shouted. "I almost fell to my death! Just get out of my way!"

"But," Butch started.

"NOW!" I yelled in his face.

"Fine!" he shouted back. "You're welcome!"

I stormed off, not even caring. After all the crime fighting and almost falling to my death, all I wanted to do was go home.

I stormed towards my apartment when suddenly, Yumi came out of her apartment.

"Are you okay?" she asked me, looking worried.

"Just to much crime fighting this week," I said irritably.

She nodded and said, "My first day as an official crime fighter and I'm worn out too. My sister was nice enough to say she would cook. She is really good at cooking, so this is an excellent treat for me. But there is something else, isn't there?"

"Well," I started. "Butch almost made me fall to my death."

"What!" Yumi said loudly.

"Quiet," I whispered. "I don't want anyone, especially my parents, to know. Look, I pushed Butch, he pushed me back, and I was stupid enough to pick a fight on a cliff."

"How did you keep from falling?" she asked, curious.

"Well," I whispered. "Butch caught me by my foot."

"You're blushing," Yumi noticed. "So Butch saved you, and then..."

"I yelled at him and stormed off," I finished.

"Kaoru," she said, looking at me. "Exactly why did you start picking a fight with him?"

"He wouldn't leave me alone," I said, getting angry.

"Well," she said after a long pause. "That is in the past. Now, you should probably get back to your apartment. We can talk about this with the girls tomorrow. Later."

She walked right back into her apartment. I sighed and walked into mine, thinking.