Chapter 13

I sat back in my chair and started reading. Blitz sat down nervously and I heard his desk shaking.

"What is the matter with him?" I thought to myself. "He looks like sitting in here is slowly killing him."

"Here," I said, handing him an old book that I carried around with me only for that purpose of keeping my old desk from shaking. "One of the legs of your desk are uneven. Slip that under there and your desk won't shake any more."

"Thanks," he whispered. Soon, the noise of his desk shaking stopped. I sighed with relief and went back to reading.

Suddenly, I heard him click his pen nervously and thought, "Something is wrong. It's not like he is shy or anything. Why is he acting like this?"

I looked around and realized that all the girls were either staring at him or his brothers. He also had mentioned feeling cramped before.

"Well," I decided in my mind. "It looks like Blitz has claustrophobia. That and all the staring girls must be making him nervous. Well, that's a problem I can't fix. I'll just ignore him now and maybe he can learn to deal with it. Besides, the girls will eventually stop."

I then looked at my friends. Momoko looked extremely annoyed, Miyako was ignoring Boomer as he tried to get her attention, and Kaoru looked about to explode.

Suddenly, my belt beeped again.

Considering it was study hall, I asked Ms Keane, "Could I go work on a project for science?"

"Sure," Ms. Keane said with a smile. I walked out calmly, then I ran for the roof. The girls were after me in a heartbeat. When we reached the roof we transformed.

"Now what," Buttercup groaned. "After Butch kept poking me at the back of the neck, I don't think I can keep up."

"It's apparently a group of three girls affected with black Z rays," Blossom said after closing her communicator. "Let's go!"

We flew to town and saw three girls destroying New Townsville Library.

I sent a flying kick towards the girl in red, shouting, "Sorry, but that is my favorite place here in New Townsville! And unfortunately, we need you to come with us!"

"Leave Berserk alone!" the girl in blue yelled. She punched at me, but ended up hitting my frisbee.

"Jerk," the girl in green shouted, ruining her surprise attack from behind.

"Hey guys!" I shouted. "A little help here!"

I then spotted them eating ice cream.

"Ooh!" the girl in blue shouted. "I want vanilla." Soon all three girls dove down to order ice cream.

I shook my head and then joined my friends. I ordered mint chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate syrup on it.

We all ate the delicious ice cream, thanked our server, paid for it, then flew into the air to begin the fight again.

The girls each fought the girl wearing the same color as themselves, leaving me as the random helper, flying around to attack random evil girls with black auras.

Finally, the red girl was knocked out, with the two other girls each holding her by one of her arms.

"You will regret hurting my sister!" the green girl shouted.

"We'll be back!" the blue girl yelled as they flied away.

"Weird," I remarked. "They looked a lot like you three, don't you think?"

Blossom shrugged and said, "I don't know, Bunny. Let's get back to school before study hall is over."

We flew back on the roof and turned back before running to class.

"I finished," I said before plopping in my seat, worn out.

"Good," Ms. Keane said to me.

I started reading when I felt a familiar jab at the back of my neck with a pencil.

"Not in the mood," I grumbled. "So please stop poking the back of my neck or I might end up pulling your spleen out through your throat. Okay?"

He took the hint and stopped. I sighed with relief and slumped forward on my desk. I was exhausted from fighting the three girls earlier. I couldn't wait for school to be over so I could go to bed. Momoko had called me last night to explain Z rays so I could have tonight free. I then began reading to pass the time.