v i n g t - s e p t

mikael mikaelson, what kind of name is that seriously, wtf?

i'm binge listening to one direction, lord help me

I'm on the right track baby,

I was born to be brave

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: BORN THIS WAY - LADY GAGA.

le fils de chaque mère

In the courtyard, Marie is munching on an array of fruit and other breakfast food, Hayley was on the other side of the table, and scowls when a grape was thrown at her, when Klaus comes down the stairs to join them. " So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?"

" It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..." Klaus frowns, confused, spinning around to survey the surroundings, narrowing his eyes.

Klaus gestures to the food on the table for emphasis. "Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank? "

"Nah, Elijah is the stingiest piece of shit, he wouldn't do this." Marie remarked, smirking, throwing another grape at Klaus, while Klaus groans.

Elijah returns to the compound and joins them in the courtyard, and looks confused when he hears their conversation and notices the breakfast spread in front of them. "You're just angry I didn't get you that Michael Kors bag, when we were at Canal Street, but Marie's right, this wasn't my doing.."

"Then, where did this all come from?" Marie frowns, standing up.

The silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle, which startles Hayley and Elijah so much that they jump in fright for a moment, Marie screams and hides behind Elijah causing him to roll his eyes. Klaus looks uneasy and lifts the platter, which releases two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the four to reflexively duck to avoid being hit. They all look puzzled and nervous. "What the hell was that?"

Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. It reads, "Dinner, Your Home, 8PM". "An invitation from our mother." Klaus and Elijah stare at each other in concern.

Klaus stares at the invitation while he stands on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter. He eventually turns to head back into his bedroom, where Marie is laying flat on Klaus' bed, browsing through Macys. "It is times like this I'm really glad I never really knew my mother."

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus snarls.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through your baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count." Marie grins.

Klaus flops onto the bed and starts tickling Marie as Elijah enters the room. "You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."

Marie was still in Klaus's hold, laughing breathlessly, as Klaus starts, "Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul."