d e u x

"I'm gonna put my body first

And love me so hard 'til it hurts"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: LOVE MYSELF - HAILEE STEINFELD

la fermer - shut the fuck up

ENJOY!

Elijah and Marie walk down a quiet street in the French Quarter, the only sound that could be heard was the loud bickering between the two.

"After all these years, Marie, you show up now. Perfect timing!" Elijah scoffs incredulously.

"Jesus, Elijah, at least sound a little more happy to see me. It's not even that long, what 220 years?" Marie retorts, her hand flailing about.

"For God's sakes, Marie. I mourned you, I was inconsolable for what 100 years." Elijah shouts.

"I know Elijah, I trailed you. I couldn't show myself to you then, Mikael was hunting you and I thought the best way was to disappear completely. And then, I saw you with Celeste Dubois. I was pissed that you moved on so quickly with some French slut. Then, I left." Marie hangs her head sadly, the truth was she did miss Elijah, it was indescribable the pain she felt after waking up in transition, having to dig herself out of the dirt and having to choose a disguise and flee the country. She was a respectable woman, heck, a Queen and there she was running, alone, without the man she needed the most.

"You know what Marie! If you were so worked up about me going off with a French slut? You could have come out of your little hiding spot and found me." Elijah bellows.

"Both of you just Ta gueule! " A French woman shouts from her terrace. Elijah rolls his eyes and drags a very pissed off Marie behind a tour group led by Sabine Laurent, a French Quarter witch.

"Welcome to New Orleans, and the crown jewel of the Crescent city, the French Quarter. Jazz and jambalaya, romance, poetry, not to mention the things that go bump in the night. Monsters that feed off human blood, vengeful spirits of the dead, and my personal favorite, the witches. Here we have the voodoo shop, Jardin Gris. Go on, browse for a hex." Sabine introduces to the group of tourists, revelling in the charm of New Orleans 

"Are you going to continue following me, Elijah, Marie, or do you wanna talk?" Sabine rolls her eyes playfully.

"You know who we are." Marie smirks, and grabs Elijah's hand possessively, to which Elijah scoffs although secretly, he enjoyed her touch.

"Original vampire, always wears a suit. And the last French Queen that sparked the French Revolution. You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your... brother back in town." Sabine states.

"Well, Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him. Someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux." Elijah explains.

"Well, if he's looking for Jane Anne, he's a little late." Sabine smiles sadly.

"Are you telling me she's dead?" Elijah asked calmly, although seemingly furious at the dead end.

"Come on, her sister Sophie's gonna want to talk to you." Sabine beckons the couple along.

"Hey, what about me, you can't just ignore me witch." Marie asked.