s e i z e

"Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in "

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: KISS ME - ED SHEERAN 

long chemin de retour de l'enfer

"Please, help me" Marie croaks out, she had died from suffocation many times, Marie lost track after the 10th time, everytime she would stand up, pound on the stone cover, hit the stone cover, and then would start crying, suddenly every breath seemed to burn, and she slowly died. The process repeated itself, needless to say.

The witches have gathered to say goodbye to Sophie, who, unbeknownst to most, was killed by her niece Monique. Monique stands emotionless outside the Deveraux tomb with a candle as a man lays bricks over Sophie's grave. Elijah appears and quickly takes out three people at vampire speed, Monique is not phased, but other witches gasp. 

" The love of my life and my siblings have been taken. Where are they? I know Marie is in here somewhere, so you'd better start talking witch!" Elijah growls.

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration." Monique says emotionlessly.

"How did this happen?" Elijah asks, shocked and confused.

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war." Monique smiles devilishly.

" Monique, I recommend you give me what I want. Unless, of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it." Elijah threatens.

"That won't be necessary. I have a message for you from Celeste." She raises her hand toward Elijah and starts casting a spell on him. Elijah, suddenly uncomfortable, pulls at the collar of his shirt. When he rips open the top button of his shirt, he sees the name Theresa tattooed on his chest. Monique continues the spell as many more names appear on his body, including the familiar name Sabine. "To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind. Marie is in the burial vault all the way to the end in the second row."

Elijah, shocked, runs to the burial vault and pushes the stone cover open, only to see Marie, crumpled on the floor, her ash blonde hair all over her face, she was passed out from the lack of oxygen, her knuckles bloody and bruised. Elijah chokes back a sob and jumps into the burial vault, and picks her up in his arms and kisses her forehead and speeds them out of the burial vault.

Elijah enters the compound, and placed Marie gently on the queen sized bed just as Marie shoots up, and immediately whips her head around, analysing her surroundings, expecting the darkness, but only saw light. Her eyes burned, as sunlight streamed into the room, she winced and turns to see a relieved Elijah.

"Marie, oh my God, Marie." Elijah breathes a sigh of relief before running at Marie, and holding her in his arms.

"Elijah, you saved me." Marie smiles, tears falling down her face.

"I will always be there for you."

"You don't know what it was like, it was like I was trapped, dying over and over again, the darkness, the cold.." Marie shivers, and wraps a robe around her tighter and she looks around nervously.