q u a t r e

"We don't need nobody, I just need your body

Nothin' but sheets in between us, ain't no getting off early"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: WORK FROM HOME - FIFTH HARMONY FT TY DOLLA $IGN

House of the Rising Son

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." Rebekah yells. Rebekah walks up the front steps and opens the door. She walks in as Hayley comes down the stairs, wielding a fire iron. 

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked, sizing Rebekah up.

Suddenly, a blur of blonde hair could be seen and tackled Rebekah to the ground. "Oh mon Dieu, Rebekah, chéri" 

"M..Marie" Rebekah squeals and the two embrace.

"Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car – get them, will you?" Rebekah smiles and calls out to Hayley.

  Hayley, smiling wryly, puts down the iron poker. " Hello. Not the maid. "

"Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" Rebekah confirms, as Marie gets up to pour the both of them drinks.

"You have your brother's manners." Hayley mutters.

"And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asked Marie. Just as Marie was about to answer, she was cut off. "Beats me. He's long gone."

"What do you mean, "long gone"?" Rebekah asked suspiciously.

"I took a sieste and woke up with a letter written by Elijah's stationery saying that he was gone for a while." Marie says with an undertone, hoping Rebekah got the message. Marie woke up from her slumber to a letter, that was not written by Elijah, thus she searched every room in the mansion, called up Marcel and tore the entire mansion apart, but couldn't find Elijah. She confronted Klaus about it and Klaus just told her to fuck off, which was very rude, therefore Marie came to the conclusion that Elijah had been daggered.

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into – he was all poetic about how we're family – and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." Hayley mutters dejectedly.

"Well, at least he told you nicely, he just told me to fuck off." Marie pouted, to which Hayley laughed, and Marie shot her a supportive smile, maybe, just maybe Marie might warm up to Hayley, and Hayley felt happy knowing that her attempts at friendship were taking a step forwards.

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Rebekah shouts.

  Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room. " Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing? "