h u i t

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: CHEAP THRILLS - SIA

Behati Prinsloo as Eleanora

 'tais-toi! vous êtes en état d'arrestation pour l'assassiner d'un autre citoyen français sous le règne du roi' - shut up! you're under arrest for the murder of another French citizen under the King's rule.

'Je ne l'ai pas tué personne!' - i didn't kill anybody

Fruit de l'arbre empoisonné

Klaus and Elijah sit opposite each other in the living room as each of them read their own book. Klaus is reading "A Poison Tree" by William Blake, and Elijah is reading one of his mother's grimoires. While, Marie jumps and dances, and sings horribly out of tune to Bon Jovi's It's My Life. A dead girl lays on the coffee table, her neck bleeding from puncture wounds in her neck, while they cringe at Marie's horrible dancing and even more horrendous singing. After a moment, Rebekah enters the room.

"Marie, for the love of God, please shut up, for someone who had to undergo dancing lessons, you sure as hell, dance like shit." Rebekah snaps impatiently, while Marie flips her off and continues to jump, and drink out of her champagne bottle. Rebekah storms over to the stereo, and shuts it off, and yanks the champagne bottle away from Marie, leaving a scowling Marie who crawled back into Elijah's lap.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah asked, placing her hands on her hips as she stares at her brothers, sitting opposite each other in the parlour.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus smirks, without looking up from his book.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus." Elijah replies coolly, shoving Marie out of his lap. Marie frowns and pulled out her phone and launched Spotify, suddenly her phone blasted music.

Elijah and Klaus looked up at Marie in annoyance, to a shrugging Marie.

"She made a playlist on Spotify called fuck Elijah and Niklaus. And what's this business?" Rebekah gestures to the dead girl laying on the coffee table with blood dripping from her wound.

"This is a..peace offering." Elijah smiles wryly, and sighs, "Come now, Marie, stop your temper tantrum. You're drunk sweetheart."

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish." Klaus chirps.

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth." Klaus rolls his eyes guiltily, and Elijah gestures to the girl on the table. "Not this nonsense."

"Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Klaus grins, as Marie, rolled her eyes, and vamped to the girl, and pierced her fangs into the girl's porcelain skin, pulling back and wiping the blood away from her chin. As Elijah looks on, lustfully, there was something alluring about Marie feeding on humans that attracted Elijah.

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet." Rebekah snaps, annoyed.