Chapter 80

It was Abraham, Sena, Rick, Gabriel, Luke and I that went to the place Gabe had been talking about. He was right with the distance, around a mile away, so it wasn't that bad of a walk.

I kept to the back of everyone, keeping watch. Rick led with Gabe and Sena was in the middle with Abraham. Luke was just there, I didn't know why he came, he seemed clueless when it came to this kind of stuff.

"You go ahead." Rick says, poking the now hesitant priest once we reached the door that led inside the mysterious building. It was rundown like any other place in the world now, it was painted white. The wood rotted underneath the chipped whiteness. Gabriel looked at all of us, he was a scared little man.

"I... I'm not so sure." He says,

"You're the one who told us about the place... You can at least show us around." Abraham says. Gabriel was intimidated by all of us so he gulped, and finally opened the door slowly, walking inside the dark and musty room. We all waited a moment, Rick had his head peeked through the door and his gun pointed, making sure nothing else was inside with Gabe.

"Nothing is here." Gabriel says from inside, he referred to walkers and such. Rick kept his guard up for a few more moments but then relaxed. He let Abraham, Luke and I go inside before him. When I walked past him, he had his eyes on me until I came close to him, he looked away. He was still upset, I think he might even be angry still. I couldn't blame him, but I also didn't know for sure if what he did was on purpose or not.

When we walked inside, there was a foul smell to it. I didn't know what it was but we all covered our mouths and noses.

"Thought you said nothing was in here." Sena says to Gabriel. Gabriel didn't say anything, he then started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I asked

He had been walking until he stopped abruptly, he was looking down. We didn't know what the problem was until I walked closer to the scene and heard water splashing. I walked behind Gabriel and saw a gaping hole in the middle of the floor. Water was beneath the broken area, there were some walkers splashing around. I then saw shelves of supplies, mostly food.

"Why the hell is there water down there?" I asked

"I think a pipe broke." Luke says, he was ducking and trying to scope out the area down there without falling in.

"You expect us to go down there? Are we?" Sena asks Gabriel then Rick. Rick glances at her then looks at Gabe.

"We take most of it. That's the only way this is gonna work." Rick dishes out to Gabe. Gabe stood there, his eyes moved down then back at Rick,

"That's fine."

Rick nodded, he then looked at Abraham,

"Who's going first?" He asked him, Abraham didn't move, actually none of us did. I knew that we were wasting daylight so I sat down and let my feet hang over the edge of the hole, ready to get in.

"You're not going in first, max." Rick growled. I glared up at him, he looked like a pissed off dog

"Little lady's got balls." Abraham comments, I looked at him and gave him a look saying that I agreed. I then popped down without giving anyone notice. The water was waist deep, I felt grossed out knowing walkers were wallowing away in the murkiness. Once I was down, I heard Rick yelling at me, basically saying that I was a child and I couldn't listen to anything if it killed me. I brushed him off and got my dagger out, aware of two walkers coming towards me. I killed one, but the other was behind me, I then heard someone jump from the hole to the water. I felt the walker grab at me but then was killed, I turned to see Luke; the culprit, the one who saved me from being bitten. He had a worried look at first but looked revealed when he knew that he had saved me.

"That was close." He says, I laughed now that we were out of immediate danger. He laughed a little. I then see Rick and Abraham drop down. Rick glared at me as he pushed through the water.

Minutes passed as we all trudged through the water to get food. Gabriel was standing in the corner, terrified for some reason.

"Hey, Abraham." I called, he turned around and saw the case of beer I was holding up. He smirked and chuckled, delighted we had found alcohol.

"I like this girl more 'n more everyday." He says. He then helps Sena up out of the hole.

"Hey," I heard from behind. Once again there was Luke. He was holding a box of animal crackers,

"Hey." I say back, I was confused because he was being so nice to me lately.

"I got these... You seemed to like them back at the cabin." He says, I blushed and smiled. I was snacking on animal crackers at their place a day or two ago. I was surprised he noticed.

"Oh.. Thanks, that was really nice." I told him and took the box. He was smiling. He then nodded, signaling that it was no big deal. I turned around to walk out of the walker pool when I see Rick waiting for me. He was beneath the hole, he had taken Abraham's place in lifting everyone out. I knew Rick did that on purpose when I saw the way he glared at me.

"I want Abraham to do it." I told him,

"Well, Abraham is outside now." Rick retorts,

I stayed silent, I looked up at the hole which was a foot above me. I looked at my feet which were in the water, I was trying to guess if I could make it up. I looked at Rick who was talking with Sena from above, I then jumped up, trying to reach the broken planks but I felt someone hug me around the waist, catching me in mid air.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, I knew it was Rick. Rick was still holding me,

"Max!" He shouted

"Let me go!" I struggled to get out of his hold, but he gave me to Sena who tried to pull me out of the hole. Once I was on the wood floor, I turned to yell at Rick who was now getting up.

"What the hell is your problem?" I yelled

"You would've ripped your arms open!" Rick yelled back. I paused, I looked back at the place where I would've grabbed, the planks were jagged and sharp. Nails were pointed outwards. I felt stupid now, I looked over at Rick who was now packing up everything and before he left he glanced at me one last time. I watched him leave, Sena came up to me

"Why are you guys still fighting?" She asked. We were walking out of the building now,

"I think he did it on purpose." I told her

"What? Why do you think that?"

I looked at her, "you even suggested the idea that he did it on purpose. He just seems off lately."

"Have you noticed the way Luke has been towards you?" She asked, I looked at her,

"Yeah, he's been nice and I don't know why."

"Rick is jealous and it's pissing him off." She says. I paused,

"Well, that's a perfect explanation as to why he did it on purpose-"

"Max, Luke and you hated each other when that happened. He's just been nice to you today. He didn't do it on purpose."

"Then why'd you tell me that?" I say, asking her why she'd tell me he did it on purpose.

She shrugged, "you know how I am." She jokes. I sighed, not in the laughing mood.

"What do I do then? I miss him." I frowned,

"Well, start with an apology and just keep pursuing him until he forgives you."

I nodded, we kept walking forward towards the church, I tried to come up with ways to apologize to Rick because I knew just saying sorry isn't enough.