Details

White bedsheets wrapped around our naked bodies. Our clothes were littered around the bed from last night. I was playing with his curls as he wrapped my torso with his strong arms. The sunlight peeked through the white curtains, hitting Rick's eyes, reminding me of the ocean.

"Do you think Carl heard us?" I asked Rick. He looks up at me,

"No... He was out with his friends last night. Maggie and Glenn took Judith for the night."

"So, no one's home?" I smirked at him. He catches onto what I was getting at, he smiles and climbs on top of me.

"I missed this." He says as he kissed my collarbone. I held his face with my hand, he looks into my eyes. His eyes are hooded,

"I'm glad I wake up to something that's easy on the eyes." He smiles at me, I kiss him, the kiss ended up with me on top of him,

"Oh, taking charge again, huh?" He teases,

"Unless you wanna fight over it." I tease back. He kisses me passionately. He was about to move along when the door opened, we both turned to see who it was, and it was Carl. I hid beneath Rick, Rick started to talk to Carl,

"Hey, what are you doing-" Rick asks trying to start a conversation with his son but Carl knew,

"Was that max?" He asks

I then heard footsteps come closer, knowing it was Carl. I showed my face and smiled at him, trying to lessen the tension. Carl looked at Rick who was still on top of me.

"Glad you guys are back together but I don't want to hear anything." Carl says then slams the door behind him. Rick and I look at one another, I thought play time was over.

"Better get back to my place..." I say, not wanting to leave him. He had been admiring me from above,

"Don't leave." He says quietly. He dips down to my neck to kiss me.

"Rick... Don't you have leader stuff to do?" I asked, trying to distract myself from how much I wanted to continue with him. He groans and separates from my skin when I asked that, meaning he does have stuff to do.

"Yeah," he dropped next to me in bed, I waited for him to tell me what he had to do.

"I have to talk with Deanna," he says, he then perks up and says, "oh, I've been meaning to tell you, there's a surgeon here-" he then groans and rubs his face.

"What?" I asked concerned,

He took a few moments to answer but he sighed and finally spoke, "Pete is Jessie's husband."

I knew why he didn't like that it was Jessie's husband because he slept with her, but he started to say more.

"Max, would being around him bother you? Because I don't want to ruin this whole learning opportunity for you." He says, I could tell that he felt bad. I shook my head and brought his face to kiss his lips.

"No, it doesn't bother me." I say into his eyes. I wanted to continue my education in medicine and if the teacher was going to be Pete, then so be it.

"Besides, he's probably better than the one I had at Woodbury..." I started to get out of bed to get clothes on. Rick watched me as I did, his eyes cascading over my body but then snapped from it when he realized what I said,

"Why? What was bad about the guy over at Woodbury?"

I slipped my jeans on, "he was sexist, didn't expect much from me. I never found out what happened to him. The governor probably killed him...." Once I said the last part the air was left to settle in an uncomfortable way. I sat on the bed to get my shoes on. He came over to me, he had his boxers on.

"Hey," he says, he knew something was up with me after I mentioned Woodbury. I leaned on his shoulder,

"Alexandria isn't like Woodbury." Rick says,

"I thought the prison would last forever and it didn't, Rick. How do we know that this place isn't just another prison?" I asked, I was worried that we would lose this place to another governor. "Every place we've come to call home has ended up in flames."

"We know how to fight now. We're all survivors who've been through it before." He then takes my chin and guides my eyes to his, "I won't let anyone take it and knowing you, you won't either."

We both smile, sharing a moment with each other. I kiss him one last time before I left.

...

Rick offered to walk me back to my house but I could go alone. I walked down the road, going to my house was only on my mind until I saw Sena and Derek's house. I huffed, wondering if I should break the news to Sena. After sitting in the road for a minute on deciding whether I should or not, I just forced myself up the steps and opened their door to let myself in.

"Sena?" I called

I couldn't find her so I began to check bedrooms, I was growing nervous because I didn't know if something happened. I opened her bedroom door and then saw Derek on top of her in bed, Sena and I both screamed when we realized I walked in on them having sex. I closed the door,

"Ah, I did not mean to do that." I say, rubbing my face. Here I thought the girl was dead but really she was just having intercourse.

"Did you even knock?" Sena asks while wrapping her robe tightly around herself when exiting her room to join me in the hall.

"Yeah-- not that door, I thought something happened to you!" I exclaimed

She raised her eyebrows and smiled, "Oh, something did happen to me in there." She says in a dirty way. I sigh and started to walk to the door

"Wait, you can't just leave like that-" She says to me while I was walking out and closed the door on me before I could leave. She looks at me, "What did you come over here for?"

I sighed, I thought I was going to be crass when I say what happened last night with Rick and I but I just walked in on her and Derek so I was okay. I smile, I couldn't help it but I loved that-

"Rick and I are back together." I break to her. Her eyes widen, I then see Derek emerge from the hall with boxers on. He heard what I said, they both looked at me with surprised expressions.

"Did you guys do it? Huh? Was he even better-" Sena asked about the sex details.

I smiled and felt my face become red, "We might have-"

"Oh my god," She looks at my neck, she touches my neck. "He gave you hickies?" She asks in a shocked tone. I forgot about those, I groaned knowing that it was visible to everyone. She then separated from me and looked in my eyes in a serious manner,

"That's hot. Rate him in bed, 1 being worst and ten being best." Sena says

"I am not talking about this-" I say while laughing.

"You talk about it every other time!" She called after me once I started to leave. When I was to the street now, I decided it would be funny,

"He's an eleven!" I yelled back at Sena and Derek. Sena laughs, I started to jog home now.