XXVI

Kye-Sook's Interlude - Running Away

In Kye-Sook's whole life, never had he seen a princess willingly jump into a battle where one could die any second because of a wrong move. He watched as she skillfully dodged all of the Thunder Beast's powerful swings as if they were nothing and calmly touched his shoulder from behind.

"Hak." She called and then the two paused to look at her.

They were dumbfounded for a second before Son Hak reacted angrily. "Princess! How the hell did you get behind me?! What if you had gotten killed?!" He said in fury.

Kye-Sook watched as she reached out to grab the Thunder Beast's head and pull him closer. "This is not the time for fighting. We have to leave, no longer do we have a place here in this castle. If we stay here and get captured, I am sure we will not live to see another day." She abruptly let go and then pulled the man's hand. Her attention went to the his king.

"Soo-Won, this will be my real goodbye." She said. "The next time we meet..."

She turned away. "I'm sure you know what will happen next." 

And then the two left in such a rush that the chosen guards were left in shock, unable to react accordingly. It was only after he ordered them to chase the two did they move.