"You're confusing" Karma mumbled quietly

"Blah blah blah" I placed my head in the nape of her neck

I opened my eyes to look up at her. She was staring out the room, not paying attention to anything else. How could someone be so breathtaking and harmless?

Urging myself to get out the bed, I decided to stay for just a few more minutes. Her warm body was nothing but just a blanket for me. Every time I would take an inhale, the aroma of shea and coconut butter filled my nose. Her bare arms felt like silk as I caressed them with my fingers.

My teddy bear.

"Mr. Braune-"

"Don't call me that" I snarled against her collarbone

She stuttered for a few seconds, "Then what can I refer to you as?"

"Orlyndo would be nice" I stated, "But what did you have to tell me?"

"Why are you acting like this towards me all of a sudden?"

"Karma, don't question my actions"

"Yes, sorry"

Sitting up, I moved the covers off my body. I sat on the edge of the bed while running my hand through my hair. Feeling the bed move up a bit, I saw her hurry to the bathroom and close the door. I instantly frowned as I got up.

Hearing her cough, the cough seemed to get louder each second as the water ran.

Fuck is her problem?

I mildly knocked on the door, "Karma" She continued to viciously cough, as if she couldn't breathe, "Karma"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just had an, um, feeling in my throat"

She's lying.

"You need any water?" I asked, seeing the doorknob rattle

Karma walked out with her head down, standing in front of me like a shy girl, "Yes, but I can get some myself"

It didn't take long for me to notice her body was trembling and how tired she looked. I notice everything about her.

"How about you stay in here and I take care of you for once, hm?" I pressed the back of my hand against her forehead, "Because you're sick"

She chuckled nervously, "I guess so"

"Is there something you have to tell me- something important?"

Her eyebrows raised, "No, of course not"

I nodded, walking over to my dresser. Picking out a pair of boxers and medium-long gray shirt including a towel, I handed them to Karma.

"You can change into these after you take a shower" I said

"Wait, i-in here?"

I shrugged, "Apparently"

"Where are you going to be?"

"In the kitchen making you soup"

Pointing my head in the direction of my bathroom, she headed towards it. I left my bedroom to get started on the soup.

I usually- well, I don't cook for others, but I guess this will be something new and interesting for me.

When ten minutes passed, twenty minutes passed, and so on and so on. I assumed she was done and sitting on the bed, hopefully waiting for me to come in there. Pouring some of the soup in a bowl, I placed a few Ritz crackers on the side.

I picked up the tray and went back to the bedroom. Karma was laying face down on the bed.

"Sit up"

"No," She groaned, "I feel like a blob of goo"

My lips twitched to smile from the amusement I found in that sentence.

She sat up, her eyes gleaming at the food, "Thank you"

"You're welcome, sweetheart"

I sat beside her on the bed, handing her the soup. She picked up the spoon, I picked up the remote.

"Want to watch anything in particular?"

"Do you have Netflix?" She questioned, I gazed at her, "Of course you do"

She asked if we could watch a romance movie, but I avoided it.

"How about a comedy?" I suggested

Karma giggled, "Then why did you ask me what I wanted to watch?"

I pursed my lips.

"Besides, what's so bad about-"

"I just don't want to watch a damn romance movie, so drop it"

She glanced at me while sipping the soup out her bowl. I got up from the bed, heading over to my closet. Picking out a gray dress top and black slacks, I rushed to get dressed.

"You're leaving?" Karma slightly frowned with a tiny pout

"Is it too obvious?" I bluntly replied, buttoning up my shirt

"But I thought-"

"Whatever you thought was wrong. I'm going to work, I'll be back tonight"

☼☼☼☼

I wiped the smeared lipstick from my mouth, pushing her away, "No"

"But you haven't had sex with me in almost two weeks" Cara huffed, "Why can't we fuck today?"

"Because I said no" I snapped, "I didn't come to work to have sex, I came here to get some shit done"

"Are you serious? You came to work... To just work?"

"Isn't that what having a job is about?"

"Yes, but you have employees to do that for you, Orlyndo. You don't-"

"Leave me alone and get out my fucking office"

She rolled her eyes, "You're rude and fucked up"

"You're greedy and fired"

Hearing my office door slam shut, I sat back in my chair. I had many conferences when I walked through the door, contracts to look over, files to do- I wanted to go home.

It wasn't like I had to come to work. I only came because I wanted to cool off. My job seemed to be like a stress reliever for me whenever I had a temper. The thing was, Karma wasn't the reason why I left. Yes, I should've stayed and watched a chick-flick with her. But, I did mind.

When I see and/or hear somebody doing things that involve love (movies, TV shows, music, etc;), I stay away from it. I hate love, I refuse to be apart of it, and I don't want to fall in love with anyone.

Around eight o'clock, I went back home. I grew irritated at my job, but when I saw Karma in my living room, my whole demeanor changed. The guilty and sad type of demeanor.

"Hi" She greeted me

Is she naturally this nice?

My hands opened and closed, trying to get rid of the numbness, "Are you going home tonight?"

"Yes. Why?"

"No reason"

Because I don't want to have another lonely night.