Chapter 10 - The Hokage is a Slave Driver

Chapter ten - The Hokage is a Slave Driver

I thought of a method for me to get involved with Konoha; I must find a way to make them notice, and ackowledge me as an exceptionally skilled Kunoichi, at least more powerful than any Jounin. Next, they would want to recruit me under their highest forces, in order words, the ANBU. I aspire to join that unit because they work directly under the Hokage's order, they should be able to get their hands on the most confidential information than any other units. Getting into the ANBU is already hard enough for a Konoha ninja. I must obtain their trust in order for them to accept me. Luckily I'm also from the Land of Fire, which can help me avoid the suspicion of spying from an other Country (ironically that's what I'm doing!). First I'll deliberately "bump" into a few Jounin or ANBU during their mission to help them out.

I spent much time on the Michitoki graden bridge to deduce a plan that it was already dusk. I hurried home and washed myself to go bed early. On the next day, I'm going to do a little spying on Konoha's mission duties. It shall be too risky to physically go there and to conceal my chakara since I will be hiding from the Hokage. For a higher rate of sucess, I must use an alternative way. Don't forget that everyone in the Michitoki Clan and myself are spiritually gifted. Some advanced meditators can separate their souls from their bodies when reached the deepest meditative state, known as an out of body experience. For now, I'm the only person alive in my Clan who can travel physically, but that won't be required for tomorrow's mission.

Early morning

I woke up right after dawn, I wasn't accustomed to get up so early so my head felt heavy. I splashed cold water to my face to freshen myself. Upon finishing my preparations, I found a calm spot to meditate. After I successfully separated my soul from my body, my "spiritual self" flew to Konoha. I don't often go to that village but I could tell that the missions should be given in the Hokage's office, which wasn't hard to find. The red building looked like the largest in the village, brightly painted in red with a giant 火 print. I landed on a high roof top facing the Hokage's vitreous window, I could see everything in that office. Unexpectedly, I suddently thought of Naruto, the brat I met "last time" I came to this village. But now I'm a spy against the Hidden Leaf, I might be an enemy depending on the situation. I shook away all unecessary thoughts and got into the office, settling myself in a comfortable position to enjoy the show. So far only a sleeping Tsunade is in the office. Her partially opened mouth alowed saliva to blur her paper works.

"Hehehe.." I can't help but to chuckle (note that no one can hear any noise I make)

"Euh..nie...ahh...eeeh" Tsunade seemed to be sleep-talking or something.. (a sweat on my forehead)

Well she actually lifted her head in a slow manner with sleepy eyes!

"TENZO!!!" Tsunade unleashed a sudden roar that made me fall off where I was sitting.

Almost simultaneously appeared a masked ANBU in front of her. "Hai, Tsunade-sama".

That certainly stunned me. "He instantly appeared as she called, are ANBUs Hokage's personal slaves or something?" That instantly made me reconsider my decision to be an ANBU myself... But it can't be helped, I still must become one if that's necessary.

"Tenzo, I received a new top mission from the Konoha Elders. They made a specific request to hire the best Shinobis so naturally I'll leave this to the ANBU. Since this mission is extremely discreet and difficult, I will arrange you to be in a two-man cell." Said Tsunade, crossing her fingers on her desk.

"You can come out now!" She suddenly shouted.

For a brief second my heart beat froze; I was certain she was referring me! But to my relief, only another ANBU in a bird mask appeared beside the first one.

Tsunade threw Tenzo a blue scroll: "The mission details are explicitly written on that scroll, you are dismissed!"

"Hai!" The two ANBUs answered in unison and vanished.

"GAAAAH!!!!" Wait a minute, how am I suppose to catch up with those two?! Luckily I was only a spirit, so traveling anywhere was no task, I could go faster than any living ninja. Catching up with them wasn't particularly difficult.