Chapter 11 - Get Her!

Chapter 11

I woke up snuggled in my bed, dad must have brought me up here last night. I looked at my clock, 10:30, I decided to get some more sleep I really didn’t want to get up yet. I didn’t have to be at the studio until 2 anyway, I still had plenty of time to get ready.

I heard a knock at the door, “Come in” I shouted, getting comfortable again.

The door opened and I saw Chloe walk in, “Can I come lay with you?” she asked, I moved over a patted the bed next to me, she smiled and hopped into my bed.

“What’s up?” I asked as she rested her head on one of my pillows.

“Nothing, I just wanted to come lay with you” she said, I looked at her with an ‘are you serious’ expression. “What do you think of the trio?”

“Haven’t we been over this, I’m fine with it” I replied, she then looked at me with an ‘are you serious’ expression

“Really? Come on Brooke, you may not be blood related to me but you are my sister and I know when you’re lying.”

I sighed “I like the dance, I just don’t like the story” I admitted, she smiled and wrapped me in a hug, I tickled her and soon enough we were having a tickle war, I jumped on top of her as I tickled her she was squirming under me trying to get away. I can’t remember what happened but next thing I knew we were falling off the bed.

We heard the door open and both of us looked to see who it was, Clara was standing at my door looking at us. I looked down at Chloe and smiled evilly, she returned the smile.

“Get her!” I screamed as me and Chloe scrambled to our feet and Clara ran away, we chased after her, she was halfway down the stairs before we even got to the top one. We ran down the stairs to see Clara disappear into the kitchen. We ran after her, we turned into the kitchen to see Clara hiding behind moms legs, we ‘discreetly’ made it look like we weren’t chasing Clara by posing awkwardly in the doorway.

“Where you two chasing Clara?” mom asked

“No” I replied

“Yes” Chloe said at the same time as me.

“Never admit to your crimes!” I shouted playfully whacking Chloe on the arm, mom was glaring at us “Run!” I shouted turning and running away with Chloe on my heels, I looked back to see mom chasing us with Clara behind her “Faster!” I commanded Chloe and we started up the stairs. We got up the stairs and into my room, I locked the door behind us and we collapsed onto the bed before be burst into laughter.

I wondered if I hadn’t been given away would I be doing this kind of thing with my real family. Wow, great Brooke turn a happy moment into a sad one. I looked at Chloe seriously, she stopped laughing almost instantly.

“Do you think I’ll ever find them? My real parents” I asked quietly

“I think you can do anything you set your mind too, and I’ll be with you every step of the way.” I smiled at her before wrapping her in a hug. It was 11:30 I told Chloe to go get ready since we were both still in our pyjamas, I had a quick shower and put on my dance wear. I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen where Chloe was sitting at the bench; I hopped into the seat next to hers. She was wearing her dance wear too.

“Pancakes?” mom asked holding up 2 plates stacked with pancakes, we both nodded eagerly and she set them down in front of us. We both munched into them, we had probably finished half of them before mom brought the maple syrup over.

She sighed “You could eat them slower” she said, we smiled at her with our mouths full of pancake.

Chloe started eating hers normally while I cut really large pieces, shoved them in my mouth and chewed really slowly. Mom came over and took my pancakes away. “No! I’ll eat them normally!” I said reaching out to grab them like a 5 year old. Out the corner of my eye I was Chloe start to laugh, mom signed and handed me the plate, I smiled and ate me pancakes.

We still had a few hours before we had to go to dance so I decided to go on twitter.  There was nothing interesting was happening on there so I decided to text people. I texted Tori and Claudia but after a while they had places to go, people to see so I decided to text Nick.

Brooke - Nicky!! What’s up?

Nick - Brookie!! Not much you?

Brooke - Bored! I don’t have to be at dance for another hour!

Nick - Did you hear? We’re watching you perform today!

Brooke - What? As in just the group or everything?

Nick- Everything, why don’t you want us to watch?

Brooke - Who’s us?

Nick - Not sure who else, but elite seniors and seniors and a think some little people

Brooke - Does that mean Payton’s going to be watching?

Nick - Didn’t you hear? She was expelled, something about bullying

Brooke - Wow, didn’t know Abby took that so seriously

Nick - What? Was it you she was bullying?

Brooke - I wouldn’t call it bullying, she just started saying things about me being adopted

Nick - I heard someone slapped her. Was it you?

Brooke - What? No… I did not slap her across the face…

Nick - Legend! gtg, talk at dance J Was it went you went inside? I left after you got off the bus.

Brooke - Yeah, talk to you there!

I locked my phone and shoved it in my dance bag. I skipped into Chloe’s room where she was putting her hair up. She was trying to get a lose bit of hair into the ponytail, she got frustrated and threw her hairbrush over her shoulder. I caught it and walked over and helped her put it back into the ponytail.

“Girls time to go!” Mom shouted up the stairs, I grabbed my bad from my room, a water bottle from the fridge and made my way out to the car. I decided to sit in the back with Chloe and Clara, the traffic was heavy today so we had to leave earlier than normal. I was scrolling through my phone when the song Chloe by Emblem3 came on. We told mom to turn it up and Chloe and I sang along, really loud and really off key. We danced around in our seats until the song finished. We listened to the radio for the next 10 minutes before we arrived at the studio.