Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

I didn't know what to say so I just turned away. He unlocked the door, allowing me in first. I gave him a curious look but said nothing. He closed the door behind us and I felt my phone buzz.

Probably Nick. I took it out to look at the text before the phone was snatched from my hands.

I spun around, looking up at Seth. He watched me for a second before nodding to my phone in his hand, "You're grounded. You're not allowed have it"

I blinked.

Did

he

just

say....

"I'm grounded?!" My jaw dropped, "I- what did I do wrong? You can't ground me!"

"I can do what I want" He used this master/maid thing unfairly, "You're grounded. No electronics. That includes your straightener, you can use your hair dryer though"

I stared at him... was he serious, "I need my straightener...." Really? I was more worried about that than my phone. Great job, Evie.

"You don't need it because you won't be going out" He looked amused. Was he enjoying this.... SADIST!

"That doesn't mean I don't need it! I have to have my hair straight"

"Only I'll see you and I like it wavy"

He was serious about that? I watched him for a moment.... he actually liked my hair natural?

"You're pale" I only noticed this now, "You have bags under your eyes, are you feeling okay?"

He arched an eyebrow at my sudden change in attitude, "Just tired"

"Okay..." I said slowly, glancing to the clock, "Can I go to bed?"

"Yes"

"Thanks, means a lot" I said sarcastically. I was surprising myself lately, how was I so calm.. relaxed. No way would I speak like this to Tyrese, no way! I had to start respecting Seth more, he gave me a roof over my head.

"Night" I muttered, making my way up the stairs lazily.
He didn't say anything and didn't move. I knew he was watching me, which made me more nervous.

Don't fall and embarrass yourself.

When I made it to my room, I relaxed. Changing from the dress, into a tank top and pajama shorts. I threw myself on the bed, a frown plastered on my face.

The night was short, I didn't get to enjoy it properly. Sure he totally did it for my 'safety'. I don't see why he jus-

"Evie" I jumped up in bed, my eyes wide. I washed the frown of my face.

"Hi" I mumbled.

"Are you mad?"

I watched him for a moment. Taking in his question. Was I mad? I didn't know what I was feeling, maybe it was better to just lie and say I was happy.

"No" I gave him a small smile, "Just tired"

"You're mad"

"I'm fine"

"See? That's what women say when they're mad" His face was straight.

I involuntarily rolled my eyes, "not all girls say that" I stood up from my bed, making my way to the door to where he stood. His brows pulled together as I neared him.

"I'm going to brush my teeth" I informed him. He stood back, out of the way and didn't follow me. I couldn't help the feeling that came inside me.

I didn't even know the feeling.

I was mad, because he said I could go out. I could have fun. He gave me the two days off then restricted me from what I actually wanted to do just because he thought Nick would....

I put toothpaste on my brush and began cleaning my teeth. Had Nick actually left Milania when she was drunk, allowing her to be groped up by another guy? He didn't deny it, he looked guilty when he said it.

Didn't he say he wasn't interested in Milania.... was that a lie? I mean he took her on a date. I was confused as I spat out the tooth paste and rinsed my mouth.

I didn't understand. Obviously, I knew I wouldn't be Nick's first choice, I was never first choice. I was okay with that.

I just... I didn't like being lied to.

I returned to my bedroom, planting myself on my bed. The moment I sat down, Seth reappeared at the door. My eyebrows knitted together, "Are you alright?"

"I just want to make sure you're not mad at me"

"I'm not, I told you"

"You're lying. Why are you mad?" He sighed, "I did nothing wrong, I helped yo-"

"I'm not mad Seth" I frowned, "I'm upset"

He returned my reply with a confused look.

"You don't get it. I've never felt important in my whole life, no one treated me specially. Instead of hugs, I got kicks. Instead of kisses, I got slaps. Instead of anyone caring for me, nobody gave me a second glance. I looked like dirt to everyone, do you not get that?"

"Then I met Nick again. He wanted my number straight away, he called pretty. He texted me, I didn't feel lonely. He was kind, he asked me on a date. Girls like me don't get dates, we get hit if we even think about something like that! He complimented me, he said tonight was great. Maybe you're right, maybe he just wanted to have sex with me but tonight he made me happy! So I'm sorry for being a bit upset with you, I just wanted to feel special for one night!" I didn't realize I had raised my voice.

I calmed my breathing, brushing back my hair, "I didn't mean to raise my voice, I'm sorry" I shut my eyes to hold back tears.

Do not cry.

I was such a baby. I gritted my teeth, why couldn't I just grow up?

I finally had the courage to look up at him. I couldn't read expression but he just watched me, his eyes studying my face.

After a few moments he just nodded my head, "It's fine" He said nothing else and left the room. I let out the breath I just realized I was holding in. I fell back onto the bed and quickly wiped my eyes as to not let any tears drop.

Why did it hurt.... when he said those two words it hurt...

Did you expect an apology? It's Seth, you idiot.

I didn't expect anything actually. It just... even still it hurt. If anything, I expected to get in trouble for raising my voice. God knows, before hand I would have a bruised eye for doing that.

I snuggled into my pillow.

Grow up and stop being delusional.