Chapter Twenty-Three

Bắt đầu từ đầu

-They would!

-Not!

-So!

-Cami," Emma breaks out with an angry frown on his face as she glares at Jack and Jasper, "why don't you tell us about it?"

I glare at her and she winks, a sympathetic smile on her face. After I told her that my grandma died from the powers, she's been texting me constantly since yesterday when I left her. I swear she thinks I'll drop dead randomly at any moment.

"Umm-

-What? You're keeping secrets from me?" Jack frowns, and I offer an innocent smile.

-Sorry?" I bat my eyelashes.

-No! You can't do that you bitch! We're pinky buddies!" He exclaims, and Asher growls beside me from him insulting me. I let out a laugh as Jack shakes his head with a hand in my face. "No, calm your balls buddy, I'm not attacking her am I?"

Asher growls again in response and I laugh harder this time, earning glare from him. That laugh quickly turns into a groan of pain when the headache from earlier comes back, this time with much more force. It spreads throughout my whole body and I clutch my belly in agony.

"Camilla? What's wrong?" Asher sounds distraught and panicked, but I can't answer him as the world fades around me. I let out a gasp as a knife-like stab brings me to darkness and images fill my head.

The deserted football field.

The darkness and gloom.

The blood oozing from my throat as I fall to my knees on the soft grass, clutching my neck with wide eyes.

My own scream echoes in my ear and the bits of my previous vision fall apart. I look around and find the worried faces of my friends staring at me. No, scratch that, Damien just looks curious and a bit annoyed.

Arsehole.

"What happened?" Emma whispers with concern, and I have to blink a few times to refocus. Several people on the black bleachers are staring at me with irritation, before they return to their outraged arguments among themselves.

Killian.

I feel his presence before I hear him.

"You're getting better, princess. You might want to look away now." An evil chuckle follows his torturing voice in my head, and I straighten, scanning the crowd. All I get back are the faint outlines of the crowd on the bleachers, and the still and confused players on the field.

-We have to get down there." I gesture to the field. My vision showed me myself dying on the field with a slit throat, and there are only players down there. One of them will die if we don't act. And I have quite a good idea who it'll be.

"Why? What did you see?" Emma asks urgently, and all of the guys look at her, then back at me.

"See? What happened buttercup?" Asher asks lowly, precaution lacing his words.

-Someone's going to die if we don't get down on the field.

-Who? How do you know?" He keeps on adding on questions and I stop him with my hands on his cheeks, staring at him with determination.

"He's here Asher. Killian, he's here."

Immediately he springs into action and I see his and the other guys' eyes glaze over, probably from the pack mind link.

Suddenly the floodlights go on and we all freeze, turning to look at the field with wariness.

One scream sounds from the crowd. Then a second, then another. Soon, the bleachers are filled with running people screaming in panic and pushing and hitting to escape the stadium as the first. However, our group moves forward and I feel Asher's hard hand in mine as he pulls me down the stairs after him.