He looks to Lauren for help. "Ten."

"Awesome!" He runs through the house. "Bye mommy, I love you!"

"I love you too baby." Lauren calls out. "Can you give me a hug please? I won't see you for a couple of days."

Carter runs back and jumps in Lauren's arm. "I'll miss you." Carter says softly, causing me to frown that they go through this often.

"I'll miss you more."

After their exchange Lauren and I head to her car.

"Does it get any easier?" I ask as we get in. "When Carter leaves that is?"

"Not at all."

I couldn't even imagine...

"You look beautiful today." Lauren comments changing the mood.

She always goes out of her way to make me blush. "I think you need your eyes checked."

"My eyesight is perfectly fine." Always the charmer she is. "Are you ready to hear the song?"

No. "Yeah, what is it called?"

"I hate u, I love u." Lauren gives me an apologetic look making me a little more nervous.

I can only imagine what the song is about... "Did he write it?"

"She nods." Lauren gets ready to press play. "He said in the text he sent me that this is just the beginning."

Lovely. "Is he really that mad?"

Lauren shrugs. "I think Zayn doesn't like the fact that he wasn't the one who ended it. Honestly, I think it's all an ego thing."

Boys and their ego... But I guess girls have it too. "Alright let's hear this."

-Feeling used but I'm still missing you and I can't see the end of this. Just wanna feel your kiss against my lips. And now all this time is passing by but I still can't seem to tell you why. It hurts me every time I see you, realize how much I need you.

I hate you, I love you, I don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you. I hate you, I love you. You want her, I need her and I'll never be her.

I miss you when I can't sleep or right after coffee or right when I can't eat. I miss you in my front seat, still got sand in my sweaters from nights we don't remember

Do you miss me like I miss you? Fucked around and got attached to you. Friends can break your heart too and I'm always tired but never of you.

If I pulled you on you, you wouldn't like that shit, I put this reel out but you wouldn't bite that shit.

I got these feelings but you never mind that shit.

Oh, oh keep it on the low.

You're still in love with me but your friends don't know. If you wanted me you would just say so and if I were you, I would never let me go.

I don't mean no harm, I just miss you on my arm... Wedding bells were just alarms, caution tape around my heart.

You ever wonder what we could have been? You said you wouldn't and you fucking did.

Lie to me, lie with me, get your fucking fix. Now wall my drinks and all my feelings are fucking mixed.

Always missing people that I shouldn't be missing. Sometimes you gotta burn some bridges just to create the distance.

I know that I control my thoughts and I should stop reminiscing but I learned from my dad that it's good to have feelings.

When love and trust are gone, I guess this is moving on. Everyone I do right does me wrong. So every lonely night I sing this song.