Chapter 5: A Grilling With Cordon

FIVE

Shawn

**********

"Good luck in chasing him," words that stung so much. She didn't need to chase anyone. She had me. I'd be at her side at any time or any place.

"Shawn. Shawn. We're due on stage in a few minutes. Are you even listening to me? There's a UFO in the bathroom! Oh hi Camila," James Cordon was explaining. I really should've been listening but I was thinking about my girl Camila. Not that she's actually my girl.

"Camila. Hi!"

"Now you listen," James looked a bit annoyed but oh well.

"Your live in five... four... three... two... one"

"Welcome to Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes who are some of the hottest new celebrity talent in Hollywood right now. How are you? You both look great!"

"I feel great thanks James," I say to the host.

"So you've been writing a recording then filming, if that's the right word, your new song I Know What You Did Last Summer. So earlier on today, we gave our viewers a chance to ask some questions for you guys. Are you dating?" the room suddenly went quiet. Camila and I looked at each other.

"Well... No," Camila replied.

"To be honest with you, I don't believe you," a smirk begins to form on my face. "There's no-way you two haven't made out!"

"We haven't,"

"I mean there is no way. I mean why haven't you? You're hot and you're hot. There's no- way you haven't made a move!"

"There's no-way that's gonna happen," I say to James.

"HE CALLS ME KID!" Camila looked really sweet like that.

"Right, let's get to the bottom of this." I roll my eyes and then my head. This was stressy!

"We're kidding," Camila assures the audience.

"You're being awfully defensive about this."

"Every time I lean in, she cusses me off,"

"What that's not true. You've never leaned in," we rapidly start to speak over the top of one another.

"Ok, so you're saying" he points to me,"that when you lean in she says no. But you're saying he's never leaned in,"

"He hasn't,"

"This sounds to me like you both might love each other but don't now how to tell one another, there's no-way you haven't made out!"

"We haven't!" Camila was virtually shouting at him by this point.

"I don't believe you!" James retorted to us.

"Well, I don't care." the audience laughs.

"What, never?"

"Never,"

"The only thing funnier then you arguing about this, is your publicists going OMGosh OMGosh! Going about like loonies! Thank you everyone,"

_____

Backstage, Camilla and I flushing and looking really embarrassed.

"Well that was awkward," that interview was embarrassing but I felt that me and Cabello were closer then ever at this point.

**********

DOUBLE UPDATE!

Thanks for watching. If you want to watch the real interview, the link below wil hopefully take you to the Youtube thing. It's SO AWKWARD! Dedicated to @inefficnt for being fab and sending these two banners. First one for Our Lives. Second one for Our Hate (sequel).