XXI

Soo-Won's Interlude - Changing Perspective

Soo-Won had just entered the banquet hall when he found Yona politely making talk with the guests. His eyes widened for a moment before it returned to its usual size. The Yona from the past few days looked different from the Yona now. She was even more beautiful than before. The bright colored kimono made her stand out more compared to those plain colors she liked to usually wear.

Her eyes were drifting around until it stopped at him. He smiled and then beckoned her closer to which she did (after excusing herself from the presence of the other guests).

"What is it, Soo-Won?" She asked curiously.

"Hold out your hand." He said. 

When she did, he placed a flower hairpin on her hand. It had an elegant and mature feel to it that he thought it would suit her so that's why he chose it. He watched as he stared blankly at it and wondered whether she liked it or not.

"Does it suit your taste?" He asked.

"A hairpin...?" She murmured something under her breath before she looked up at him with a bright smile. He suddenly felt like the air had left him and that his heartbeat had quickened too much for him to breathe properly. 

"It's quite beautiful. Thank you for the gift, Soo-Won." She answered kindly. 

It seemed that a sudden thought came to her so she excused herself at the moment. "I must go now, father might be looking for me. I'll see you again later."

And then she left, together with those unfamiliar feelings he had just experienced.