Chapter 7: We Meet Again

Chapter 7

"Mine.", I heard him growl.

I was looking at him straight in the eye before I realized that we were staring at each other for a long time. This man is so intimidating! He's wearing white shirt under his black suit. He doesn't look like he's a worker here. What is he doing here? Why did he call me his? Some part of me wants to run and some part of me doesn't. This stranger looks really dangerous but something about him makes me curious.

"Uh-"

"You're back."his baritone voice spoke to me as if it was music to my ears. It's deep and it's very calming. I noticed that he was standing and looking down on me so I quickly get up and face him. That's when I realize that he's actually bigger than I thought! He's like six foot tall.. no maybe taller than that. That's why I feel so intimidated. My heart is beating the heck out of my chest.

"I've been waiting every single day for you to come back to me." He kneeled before me and reached for my hand. "Please tell me you know me..", he pleaded.

What did he say? What is happening?! Seriously I am so lost! Who is this godly looking man kneeling in front of me? I covered my mouth out of shock. I don't know what to say. I feel so sad because I really have no idea what is happening right now. He looks so hurt.

"Call me at least by the name.", he cried. Should I tell him the truth?

Few more moments and he raised his head and reached my hand for a kiss. The sensation, it was like electricity when it touched my skin. I've never felt this way before. The spark in my skin, what does that mean?

"I'm so-sorry..", I muttered those words breathlessly. Is there anything else I could say? Why is he doing all of this so suddenly? If only I can get a little clue about it. Am I supposed to know who he is?

He sighed. Maybe he's getting the point that I don't remember him. "You left and now you're saying sorry? Seriously, don't you have anything more with you? Because I have a lot to-" he was crying.

I caressed his face and he looked surprised. Even I was surprised when I did that. What just happened? Why did I stop him from crying? I stared at his lonely eyes. I've never sensed this feeling to comfort someone so bad.

"Can you just calm yourself for a minute, sir." I said and he held my hand, taking a deep sigh. He stood up and turned around to wipe his tears. I want to apologize. Maybe he has mistaken me for someone else. Whatever it is, I need to be honest with him.

"Can you at least remember our promise?", he barely whispered. I sighed. His tone is a little bit longer than before.

"How about we sit on the benches and calm down the situation. I can't leave you like this." He said and he agreed. Even though I said that I really don't know what else to say.

We sat on the nearby bench and I waited for him to calm down. It's a little weird because he even asked for me to hold his hands. That's a little strange. It's actually working because he calmed down.

"I think the lady I gave the golden ball treasure doesn't remember me at all." He said and I froze. The what? I quickly stood up and pointed a finger at him.

"You're Troy? Look at you; you're the one who broke promises with me. You never get in touch. Now you showed up in front of me after ten years crying again? When will you change? Geez I can barely recognize you now. You have changed! ", his face lightens up. What did I do? Was I a little harsh? He was crying a while ago and I nag at him just now.

Ah.. I remember. Before I left this town, we promised to write and call each other. It was one just a summer vacation so it needs to end. Before I left he was crying and right now he's doing it too. Our promise is to get in touch and send letters to each other but after sending two I never received anything back. I kept writing anyway, until I finally got tired of waiting for his replies. I stopped, focused on my studies and put the promises behind. I got so upset back there.

"No, my father forbids it. He said I will never be worthy of something if I remain weak. But, I never failed to write. You don't know how desperate I am to send you letters, but when I get the chance I don't know your address and the letters are coming back to me." He explained. I nodded. My father's work is the reason we don't have permanent addresses. He said that it has something to do with work. It's not that I hold grudges to him. It was long ago, I can barely remember everything.

"You can punch me if you want." he suggested. I giggled.

"Not that it'll change anything,"I said and scanned his face once more. "I'm back, Troy."

He smiled and jumped to me. I was shocked that this guy just hugs me all of a sudden without hesitation. When I felt his smile I just hugged him back, inhaling his deep scent of wood and mints. He's still this clingy? Why does this boy admire me so much? Is he really this handsome before? I never felt any attraction with him before.

"Welcome back, baby." he whispered.

I pushed him quickly, "What? You better stop." I said and stood up. "Let go now." I commanded. It was great to have him with me again, he's my playmate slash best friend, but hugging and kissing the hand is getting a little overboard for the first day.

"Don't want to.", he mumbled. Now, he's trying to be cute or something. He tried to hold my hand but I refused and punched his stomach.

"Ouch! What was that for?" he groaned.

"I said we should head back. You're bigger than me but you're such a child."

"No one except you called me that. You never change. You bully.", he chuckled and stood up. He finally gave up playing his game huh?

"No complaining punching bag." I said and marched back inside the mansion.

It was fun to imagine that we get to bring back this fun atmosphere again. Just like when we were young, like a cat and dog when fighting, but then like June and July because we're inseparable. He's my childhood friend anyway. Even though it looks like that, there's something about him that changed. I'm sure of it. What happened to the past ten years?

"Hey. I'm supposed to give you tours around you know. Beth and Candice knew we're together." he said and snatched my hand

"What?" They knew that we would meet? They should at least introduce him to me nicely so we don't come up with drama like this.

"I can show you the way to your room too." he suggested. He grinned at me and kissed my hand again.

"Woah, woah not-so-touchy. Okay then, show me the way." I said and snatched my hand back and curled them under my chest. I've never walked around holding hands with a man before and that is not now either. I just need to keep my space from him for now.

"Why? This tour is not free. Give me your hand, that's enough payment." he grinned and I rolled my eyes on him.

"How about no?"