Chapter 29: Don't Do This, Audrey

I ran where Daniel is located and someone grabbed my arm and threw me against a nearby well,it was Mac. "Long time no see, Mac", I growled at him. "Same to you." He replied sarcastically. He ran towards me and I got up, then Matthew pushed Mac against the floor. "Go, Troy!" Matthew said and I ran towards Daniel, shifting.

"You still have time to surrender." I said and now in complete form. I see he has shifted too.

I ran to him and scratched his left eye. He growled, then grabbed my arm and bit it. I gasped and kicked his gut, making him release his own fangs. I bit his neck, he yanked to break free. He desperately tried to scratch my right arm, until my flesh became visible. My blood freely scattered on the floor, painting it with deep crimson. I bit his neck harder and harder, and he could only respond with louder growls.

He scratched my arm over and over but I didn't let go of his neck. I forced my jaw to bite deeper and deeper, until I heard a loud crack! Daniel fell into the floor, lifeless.

My arm continued to bleed. I glance at my comrades and I can see them fighting with all their might. I looked at Matthew and Mac, they stopped fighting. Mac looked directly on Daniel, who had come to his death. I shifted back and slipped on a pair of clothes and I glanced to Audrey then to my pack.

"Stop! Your Alpha is dead! I hereby declared that White Fang will be under the White Shadow.", I said and stepped on Daniel's corpse. The White Fang warriors fell to their knees and bow, by comrades howled, howling of victory. I turned to Audrey and walked towards her.

"Audrey?" I called.

She didn't answer.

"Audrey? Audrey!" I cried.

Please don't do this.

I stepped forward to Audrey, but the wolves bane stopped me. I knelt next to her, repeatedly calling her name.

"Audrey! Audrey!" The main door flew open, it was Shane. She was running towards me, crying her eyes out.

"What happened?! T-Troy you're bleeding" She paused and shifted her gaze at Audrey. "Audrey! W-what----"

I immediately turned to her. "Shane, destroy the circle, now!" I ordered and Shane came towards me. I remember now! Shane is a human, she can destroy the circle!

"W-what are you saying? Both of you are seriously injured ! What's happening!?"She said with a shaking voice, her eyes were wide as an owl's. "I'll explain later! Destroy the circle!" I helplessly said, every part of me just wants to touch my Mate. I feel really powerless right now. She's just meters apart from me, experiencing deep pain, yet I cannot even hold her to tell her that everything will be alright.

She moved forward to Audrey, not knowing what to do.

"Audrey" She whispered and brushed off the wolf's bane powder, completely destroying the circle.

I gasped and ran towards Audrey. Her pulse was very faint. I immediately untied her. Her cold body fell on my arms, making me feel worse than I am. I hugged her tight and carried her at my back until we got outside. Shane followed me, worry never left her face. I could barely feel the beating of her heart, the only sound I am eager to hear right now.

"Shane, where's the car?", I said and looked around. She looked away. "Matthew carried me! a-and I-", she said.

"Damn it!" I cursed. I can't run like this! My body cannot afford to do any hard tasks right now. And worse, it might completely break down because of blood loss. Whatever! I dismissed the thought. My Mate is dying in my arms and I get to think of my body limitations? Hell no!

I started running, but a car stopped right in front of me. It was an unfamiliar car, with a tinted window. Someone rolled down the windows and I peeked inside, I saw Dolan onn the driver's seat. "Get in." He ordered with a stern voice.

I opened the door at the back seat and put Audrey first, and then I went inside. Shane didn't try to follow us. She only said, "Hurry! I'll catch you guys later.", then closed the door. My pack mates secured the area and cleaned up the dead bodies. I left Gabriel in-charge.

"Hurry!" I commanded and Dolan kick-started the car. I glanced at my Audrey, and my heart sank upon seeing her state. Her pale skin became even paler. Her usually pink lips are now white and filled with cracks. She looked like she'd been through so much pain and I would sacrifice anything to just make it go away. My arm continued to bleed, but I paid it no mind. I only leaned closer to her and landed a soft kiss on her forehead. Her mere presence made tears start to come out of my eyes. Does she even have the slightest idea on just how much she affects me?

As soon as we arrived, I ran towards the door and almost broke it open.

"Call the doctor!" I said. Madame Candice and Madame Beth, together with Rosette came down hurriedly. "Troy! What happened?!" Madame Beth exclaimed.

"I'll explain later, call the doctor this instant!", I growled at them. "Okay", Rosette said nervously and dialed. I ran to climb up to my room and lay Audrey down. Her pulse became even weaker, making me feel even more hopeless. I held her hands and kissed it passionately. "Audrey, please don't leave me. Fight for me, sweetheart."

I said as my tears fell once again. Then the door flung open. Nick, the pack doctor came in, complete with his equipment. "It's up to you now, Nick", Madame Candice said. "I'll do what I can.", Nick looked at me. "You can rest now, Alpha." He dismissed and Rosette held my hand and we went out of the room. I glanced at Audrey for the last time and closed the door. "It's gonna be alright." Madame Candice told me. "Go change. You're still covered in blood, young man." She ordered sternly.

"But, that's my room.", I whined like a child. An amused smile sprouted on her face, but it faded right away. "Then go and change in your room, Troy." She said and I went in again.

I saw Nick, slashing Audrey's clothes, and her pale skin showed. Purple bruises were scattered on her stomach. Her body is now accessible to Nick's eyes, and it made me go ballistic. Even in this situation. "Hey!" I confronted him, but he met my gaze like it was nothing. "I need to do this." He said and went back to work. He held a stethoscope and a pair of scissors.

I don't really know what he's doing, but I know Audrey won't leave me, that was a promise. I know everything will be alright; she's brave and strong. I have to calm myself, or else I could hurt someone, and I'm pretty sure Audrey won't like that when she wakes up. So I went to my wardrobe to change my clothes.

I immediately went back to Nick to check out on them. "What's-"

I was halted by a sad look from Nick.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry, Alpha."

What is the meaning of this, Audrey!