I nod and see that Nathan had set up all our instruments. Mom motions us to follow her to the stage. We stand behind her while she speaks.

"Thank you all for coming. It's so nice to meet you all. Now, my children will be performing for all of you." She grins and everyone starts clapping.

She walks off stage and we all take our instruments. Shit! The mic is in front of my violin! I'm singing.. 

I pick up my violin as Emilee sits down with her guitar on my right, Eddie with his keyboard and Jordan with his bass on my left, Nathan at the back with his drums.

"This song is called I Started A Joke." I say in the mic so my siblings knew what we were playing.

I started to play, soon being joined my sister and Jordon. Later being joined by the rest.

"I started a joke, which started the whole world crying, 

But I didn't see that the joke was on me.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing, 

Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes, 

And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living, 

Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes, 

And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living, 

Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

That the joke was on me.

Yes, the joke was on me." I finish and everyone claps.

I put down my violin and walk off stage, everyone suddenly complimenting me. I just faked a smile and headed outside, suddenly feeling hot and stuffy.

I open the back door to the yard and sat under our cherry blossom tree, the only light source being the the fairy lights in the tree.

"So, I'm guessing that I can't use the tree anymore?" I hear a voice say, giving me a fright.

I look up to see a pair of blue eyes staring down at me, the fairy lights only lighting up the bottom so darkness consumed the upper part of the tree.

"W-who are you?" I ask shakily, slightly regretting I ever came out.

"Your performance was amazing. Do you live here?" The voice asked and ignored my comment.

"Y-yes I do." I reply.

"Damn, I guess I can't use the tree then," The voice slightly chuckling. "Hold on, I'm coming down."

I moved over a bit so the mysterious voice could come down.

Suddenly a boy appeared in front of me, a hoodie covering the head. He turned around and quickly sat in front of me.

"Wow.. you're prettier up close." He said.

"Hood." I reminded him.

"Oh yeah." He chuckled and took off his hoodie.

I sat there stunned. He had ginger hair with his fringe swept just above is left eyebrow, his eyes were an icy blue, his pale complexion was almost a sickly white, his lips were chapped and faded. Light frickles sprinkled across his face.

"I'm Ian Gallagher." He smiled and took out his hand.

"I'm Arabella Peppers." I smile back and shake hands with him.

"Arabella Peppers, huh? Rolls off the tongue quite nicely if you ask me."

I look down and blush before remembering a formal question for him that I had forgotten.

"Why were you in my tree?" I ask.

"Uh, before you bought this house I would sit in it." He sighs.

"Why?"

He closes his eyes and sits next to me, leaning against the tree.

"Family problems. Mommy issues. Dad's a drunk. Sister's always working. Brother's getting into trouble and fucking the whore down the street. Younger sibings are annoying. But at the end of the day, it's still family." He looks down.

"Family always stick together." I smile.

He lifts his head up and smiles back.

"Wanna sit in the tree?" I suggest.

He nods and we both start climbing all the way to the top. It's not like my parents would notice me missing for a while.

We finally stops and I look at the view. It's amazing. You could see countless rows of streets and shops from the stars that now littered the sky.

"Wow." I breathe.

"I know right." He smirks.

We're both silent until I speak up again.

"Call me Kat." ]

"Kat?" He asks behind me.

"It's my middle name. No one can call me that. Not even my own siblings or parents can. But for you, I'll make an exception."

We both sit down on the branch.

"Why are you doing this for me? You just met me?" He asked after a minute of silence.

"Because we all need someone before we fade away." I whisper, leaning my head on his shoulder. 

He rested his head on mine, keeping the heat between us.

"Y'know, you never told me why you moved here?" Ian asked after a while.

"I-I have a brain tumor.. We lived in N-New York but Chicago said they could try to treat it.." I stutter, feeling tears prick my eyes.

"You'll make through this. And I'll be here if you want me too?" He suggests.

"Please?" I ask.

"Of course." He smiles.

___

(A/N)

Hope you enjoyed that intro thing. Vote or comment. Love y'all lots.

~Dino Jay-Jay