From what Louise could gather, the other half of girls who weren't boasting about their trip to Milan or Paris over the summer were whispering about the new teacher. Girls muttered with happy giggles how handsome he was. Louise rolled her eyes at how they were so easily wooed by a male face, since most of their teachers were either nuns or very elderly women. Though she secretly did agree he was handsome, there was something about him that told her that wherever she might know the guy from, he was probably someone that annoyed her. Most people had that effect on Louise Belcher.

"Ladies," Mother Superior started after clearing her throat. All conversations in the room immediately ceased as they listened to what she had to say. The older woman continued, "Unfortunately, Mrs. Johnson will not be coming back to St. Mary's Academy during this school year. She fell ill over the summer break and will require to remain in bed for a long time. But we have found a teacher that can take her place and teach you all this course on scientific concepts." The muttering of the girls in the classroom resumed again. This time their topic was the missing elderly teacher.

"I hope he's as much a pushover as Mrs. Johnson." Louise whispered to Annie and Aimee who sat on either side of her. 

Both girls nodded in agreement with Louise, but Aimee said with a grin, "He's certainly way nicer to look at than her." An enamored sigh immediately followed her words. Her sister Annie nodded her head fiercely, in agreement.

"His name is Logan Bush and he studied the sciences at Yale, as well as a two year study abroad science program at UNAM in Mexico. UNAM is the best university in Latin America, known for its amazing programs in the sciences." Mother Superior informed the girls rather proudly. It was one of the few times Louise had seen the woman smile in the months she had been at that school.

But the mention of his name made Louise almost choke on her own spit.

"Logan Bush?!" She blurted aloud. 

She definitely remembered that name.

The new teacher searched for the place where the voice had come from. Since she was in the back of the class, he did not see her.

"I see some of you are already acquainted with my nephew." Mother superior commented, looking around the room and trying to find the voice that had called out his name with surprise. That explained why she had so proudly informed the girls of his degrees in the sciences. He was her nephew and she was boasting about his accomplishments. Placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly, she finished with well wishes for her nephew. "I'll just leave you to your new job then. Good luck dear." Mother superior pulled Logan in for a small hug before walking out of the room.

The blonde haired professor stood in front of the classroom full of seventeen year old girls and cleared his throat. "Good morning, girls." He started awkwardly with a wave of his hand. "I'm Professor Bush, but you can just call me Logan if that feels more comfortable." He was more polite than she remembered. But teenagers were all but polite, and he had grown up to be a man now. He had to behave like an adult.

"Loganberry Bush." Louise got out with a fake cough from the back of the room after recovering from what had been the surprise of the century for her. She had remembered that time during laser tag when his mother had called him by his full name. Logan Barry Bush, and it sounded like a play on words for a bush of loganberries.

Logan's eyes scanned over the heads in the classroom. There was no one he recognized, but he noticed the way one of the girls had recognized him. He grabbed the attendance sheet on his desk with all the students' names on it, determined to find a face for the voice that was calling him out. "I'm going to take attendance. When I call your name say present or here."

The girls nodded and he got started, "Arriola-Hendricks Aimee, Arriola-Hendricks Annie," He paused to look up and make sure the two girls were present. Both twins raised their hand. "Bateman Rachel, Belcher Louise..."

Louise Belcher.

His monotone attendance name calling stopped abruptly. That was definitely a name he recognized from back home. But how had Louise gotten into such an expensive private school on the east coast? Her parents couldn't afford it. They could barely even afford to keep their burger restaurant open half the time.

He saw a hand shoot up in the back of the room and he instantly noticed her bunny ears were nowhere to be seen. The school had a strict no hats policy that even Louise respected--begrudgingly. Her jet black hair cascaded past her shoulders in long waves, no longer than the short pig tails he remembered from his previous encounters with her. Her face had most of its same features, but longer and without the childishness it had once had. Her school uniform clung snugly to her curves, which she didn't have the last time he saw her. She had been only ten when he went off to college in the east coast and he hadn't seen her since. He didn't have plans to return home either. Logan wanted to avoid his parents' nagging. He had gone out and studied the sciences, gotten a degree, and even did a study abroad program in Mexico for two years. But that wasn't enough for them. Everything he did was never enough.

Logan continued taking attendance after his moment of surprise subsided, this time his eyes continued watching her intently. He watched her all through his first class, which was mostly an introduction powerpoint presentation and a short activity which she did along with her friends Annie and Aimee.

Soon enough the bell rang in the halls of St. Mary's Academy and the girls piled out of the room to their next classes of the day. Louise shot him a smirk as she walked past him, flanked by the twins Annie and Aimee. She knew who he was. It had been around eight years since they last saw each other, and she remembered him too.

But Louise Belcher wasn't a child anymore.

-

so here's the first update for my louigan story. sorry if the two main characters are a bit out of character. i tried to get louise as on point as i could. i felt it was okay to change logan a bit because since he's an adult now, he has to be a bit more respectful and responsible for obvious reasons. also, i'd like to point out that while i have been watching bob's burgers on channel eleven on sundays for years, i have only recently become a louigan shipper.

so bear with me if louise is a bit off character, like i said above. and i also hope you all like the new characters i included. and additionally, i went ahead and made up a nifty collage of my characters, and how they would look if THIS WAS A LIVE ACTION SERIES. so im gonna post that above for you all.

gene and tina are gonna be a bit too good looking, but people grow up and mature. plus, its hard to find actors and actresses who play characters on tv who are considered dorks or losers. so there. so louise will be played by ariadne diaz and logan will be played by horacio pancheri. 

i hope you enjoy reading this first update.

-clary xx