Cabin 5 {Chapter 6}

Start from the beginning

"I think you're all delusional. This place is a dump!" Just then, a girl who looked strikingly like the rest of my company (complete with black hair and silver eyes) walked out of the door, shooting me a death glare. 

"Well. You can just leave if you don't like it, human.She hissed at me. 

"Retract the claws, Naomi... This is Nicole, General Labo's niece, and my.... cousin." Jason said, stepping in. I waved at her cautiously. She didn't return the gesture.

Naomi looked at me with disgust. "Whatever. I still don't feel comfortable with this."

 Jason hissed something in the same ancient language I heard him speak before. I still couldn't understand him but his words seemed to subdue Naomi.

"This way." She muttered, spinning around and going into the "hotel."

Jason nudged me forward. "Sorry about that. She's a little..."

"Snobby?" I filled in. Jason smiled.

"I was going to say close-minded, but that works." Jason smiled. "She's nothing to worry about."

I nodded, walking up the rotted front steps. I cautiously reached for the doorknob. As soon as I touched it, a shock bolted through my body, causing me to leap backwards. Something happened when my fingers touched the metal. Before me stood a gigantic, majestic hotel. The words "Hotel Fanglore" lit up in scarlet letters about twenty feet up. The place looked better than a Hilton.

"Whoa..." I gasped. 

 "Not so much of a dump now, is it?" Naomi sneered, appearing at the door again. Before I could say something back, Jason shot her a glare. She put up her hands and backed away in surrender. "Welcome to Fanglore Hotel... The vampire home-away-from-home." She walked away, allowing me to take in the entire place as I stepped through the door.

The walls were painted deep, royal colors, with elegant patterns cascading down the lengths, complimenting the scarlet carpeting. The lobby was completely open, instead of being covered by the floors above. Instead, there were glass elevators to the left and right, so that you could see everything around you as you went to your room. There were easily fourteen or fifteen floors, all with simple railing to allow vampires to see the lobby.

Or... jump? Maybe turn into bats in midair or something? Then fly to the bar and order a glass of blood, to go?

Jason smiled at me, mistaking the smile on my face for one about the looks of the place instead of a vampire joke in my head. I don't blame him; the place was incredible.

"Are you coming or what?" Naomi called from across the lobby. She was near some counter I hadn't noticed before, probably a check-in counter. A girl with silver eyes-- no, you know what? It is too hard to describe all vampires as 'people with silver eyes and jet-black hair.' A vampire sat behind the counter, looking back and forth between a clipboard and a piece of paper. Her face resembled Naomi's, besides the obvious likeness of them both being vampires.

I hung back as everyone headed up to the counter. Daysi and Amanda slung their arms around me, steering me up to the counter. As we got closer, the vampire behind the counter wrinkled her nose and glanced up, immediately seeing my orange-brown hair and locking eyes with me. Her silver eyes pierced my brown ones and she spoke without breaking our stare.

"Great. Just what we need at a time like this. When the El-"

POOF

"Shut it!" Jason growled, clamping a hand over the vampire's mouth. She immediately slapped his hand away, seething. I stared, shocked. What was she going to stay before Jason stopped her? "Just check us in, Alani."