Chapter 29-The Date

It was about five fifty when Gavin texted me and said that he just left his house and that he would to text me when he got to my house.
'Ok.' I replied as I got up and put on the tan boots that we picked out earlier.
I walked down stairs and sat on the couch.
I after about ten minutes I got the texted saying that he was here.
I opened the door and there was Gavin walking up to the door with a rose.
"Hi." I said as he gave me the flower.
"You look great." He said with a smile.
"You do too."
"Ready to go?" He asked.
"Yes." I said as he turned and linked arms with me.
"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I asked as we walked into town.
"No. I'm not going to tell you. It will be surprise." He answered and we reached the town, witch was about a five minute walk from my house.
We walked in silence for a little while. It wasn't awkward silence though. It was nice.
"We are here." He said as we stopped in front of a restaurant, called The Local Place.
"I've never been here." I said as we walked in the door.
"We'll I like it so you should try it." He said with a smile as we walked over to a booth that was near the back of the small restaurant.
"What would you like to drink?" The waiter asked as he walked up.
"I'd like a sweet tea." Gavin said with a smile.
"I'd like that too." I said not knowing what else to get.
"Ok. I will be back with the drinks in just a minute." The waiter said as he walked away.
"What is good here?" I asked as we looked the menus.
"I personally like there pastas. But all there food is good." Gavin answered not looking up from the menu.
"Ok." I said as I turned the page to look at the pastas.
"Are you guys ready to order?" The waiter asked as he walked up and gave us our drinks.
"I am. Are you ready, Cleo?" Gavin asked me.
"Yeah. You go first." I answered.
"I'll take the spaghetti." Gavin said as he handed the waiter his menu.
"I'll take that too." I said as I handed my menu to him.
"Ok. That will be out in just a few minutes." The waiter said as he walked away.
We sat there drinking our sweet tea.
"This is really good." I said as I drank the tea.
"Yes it is. The food is this good too." Gavin said with a smile.
"I'm now really excited about the food now." I said returning the smile. He laughed at me, for being excited about the food.
We sat there drinking our sweet tea for about five more minutes, then our food got there.
"Here is your food." the waiter said as he put a plate of spaghetti in front of me, and a plate in front of Gavin.
"Thank you." I said to the waiter as he walked away.
I took a bit.
It was really good.
"Do you like it?" Gavin asked after he took a few bits.
"I love it." I said as I put more food in my mouth.
He laughed at me.
After about ten minutes I started to slow down on my eating.
"Are you ready to go?" Gavin asked me after a few minutes of me not eating.
"Yeah." We stood up and walked to the front.
Gavin stopped and paid for our meal at the front desk.
"Do you want to go some other place? Or do you want to go home?" He asked as we walked out the door.
"We can go somewhere else if you have somewhere else for us to go." I said as we stood outside the restaurant.
"Then lets go to a place that I know, and love." He said with a smile as we linked arms and walked in the opposite direction of my house.
"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I asked as we walked.
"No." He said with a smirk.
We walked for about five minutes and then we where at the park.
"I've been here before." I said as we walked.
"I know you've been to the park but I don't think you've been to the place I'm taking you." He said as we walked.
"Ok." I said as we kept walking.
We walked across the park. We walked over to a patch of trees, that had a bench in the middle of the trees.
"Have you ever been here?" He asked as He approached the bench.
"No." I said as we sat down on the bench.
We sat down and I looked around.
You could see the whole park from here.
"Do you come here a lot?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I guess you could say I come here a lot." He said with a smile.
I smiled back at him. I love his smile.
"You're so cute." He said as he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.
I didn't know what to say so I just sat there and looked at him.
"Is there something wrong? Should I have not done that? Is there something on my face?" He asked as he put his hands to his face to feel if there was anything there.
"No. You're fine. I just didn't know what to say after that." I said as I felt my face turn red.
"Oh." He said as he looked at me. "Are you ready to go. It's getting late."
"Yeah." I said as I stood up.
"Let's go then." He said as he grabbed my hand and we walked across the park.
We walked in silence. It wasn't awkward though. It was even kinda nice.
We reached my house. He walked me up to the door.
"Bye." I said as I let go of his hand.
"Bye." He said as he leaned in and kissed me. Not on the cheek but on the lips.